Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Shopping

It took a while for the magnesium to kick in. Even then, I had to turn off the heater in the bedroom because something was making a high-pitched whine. The night sweats started and I let them come. I did not try to cool off, thinking maybe my body needs to sweat. Detoxification? Anyway, when daylight knocked on the window, the sweat subsided and I got chilly. My heat source (Chris) got up to have breakfast and turned the heat back on. I got up a little while later and drank my usual quart of water. I answered e-mail.
I called Myra to see if she wanted to do yoga. I called Nela, too, but she could not make it. I vacuumed in the living room, for all the good it did. Myra came over with her mat. She led us in yoga poses. She rubbed my back because it was too stiff. She said it was very tight, and the mid-back muscles were trying to support lower back muscles. She left in an hour. I took a shower, then made and ate breakfast listening to audios from the Fat Summit. Myra called after attending the ceremony to say she was ready to go walking. I finished the audio while coloring more leaves in the coloring book. I went to Myra's place and Nela was there. The three of us walked out into town. I bought zippers in the everyday market. We perused a number of stores. Nela had us stop for lunch. We had fish noodles on a stick. There was something fried that Nela and Myra ate. Myra paid, and it was only $2.50 for all of us! At Daiso I got markers for the coloring book, and at another place, a tea pot, and a small humidifier that looks like a flower and has a usb plug. At the little store near base I bought some spinach. The weather was ok when we left base, but the temp dropped after that. We stopped at the ATM for cash. Nela went home. Myra walked with me as far as her house. We met the new couple who moved in last night. They had already been to see the Korean vet for their dog. She sews so I invited her to our quilt meeting. Then I went home and dropped my stuff on the floor to race to the bathroom. I made a salad for supper, then ate half a sweet potato all while listening to an interview from the Fat Summit. I colored in the book. I washed dishes. I read more about CRISPR. I read something about mice breathing it in and their DNA was changed. Given that I have been reading a story about a man infected by an omega-class virus getting aboard an airliner and the virus being spread by the ventilation system – well, it is a pretty scary combination. I cleaned the floor in Chris' bathroom. Then I tried out the new humidifier. It is also a night light. I was going to use it in the bedroom, but I don't want a light on all night. I used the new dust mop to do the floor. I tried out my new markers in the coloring book. I did some tapping for tomorrow – the indoctrination class, which will include a museum and other history. My favorite part will be the buffet which is supposed to serve jellyfish. I tried out the peel-n-stick hair collectors. I stuck one on the drain in the shower. I sat at the desktop computer and wrote a reminder message to the QOV group-to-be. I tapped until I was satisfied with it, then hit send. I got my book from the bedroom and laid down on the couch to read, hoping to get sleepy. I got up at 10 to post to my blog, wondering why Chris wasn't home yet. I drank some tea and decided to go to bed anyway. I needed to get up early.
* IS it a night light or a humidifier? *

No comments: