Thursday, January 14, 2016

Cleaning

I took some valerian root tincture in a glass of water last night. After tapping, I looked up QOV requirements before composing a message to the community here to ask who wants to participate. One of the requirements is that the quilts not be tied or stitched in the ditch. Hmmm. So I sent a message to Yongsan Quilters yahoo group to see if they still longarm quilts of valor. Then I went to bed. I was almost asleep when Chris came home from picking up the latest arrival from the airport.
So I slept late and did not hear my alarm go off. When I got up, it was after 9. I read e-mail and swished and drank water. I printed out the QOV requirements. Then I called to see if the ladies were already walking. Nela said they were at EM's house, cleaning and she invited me over. So I got dressed and walked down. There were four of us cleaning and organizing. I worked with Tia in the diningroom, while Nela and Myra worked in the kitchen. We had a successful morning, and carried out bags of cardboard and plastic for recycling. Myra brought her car around to carry it off. Then Myra and I went walking up the trail. We stopped at the exercise stations. We talked about the sewing group and QOV group that we want to start. Then on the way back, we ran into Kristin, whom we were just talking about contacting. She was walking with her newborn and her mother. We had a productive chat about posting on the various Facebook pages. Then Myra went to her place and I went to mine. I made breakfast. Before I finished, Jane called to ask if she could come over while she waited for the Thursday night Bible study to begin. I was still eating breakfast and listening to an audio when she arrived. As I finished breakfast, she chatted with me. She requested a slice of bread, so I gave her one from the loaf I made for Chris. She REALLY liked it. She showed me how to make tea from the buckwheat that I bought in the market. And I thought it was just a crunchy snack. We ate some strawberries, and I dipped one in cocoa powder. She was interested in the ingredients of my breakfast and the supplements I took with it. So I let her watch me make up the next weeks' worth of capsules and gelcaps. She told me she had seen a doctor here who tests for food sensitivities and I said I wanted to do that, too. Then we spent over an hour on my laptop. She showed me a Korean website that she posts to. She combines pretty pictures and classical music on a background. She was so thrilled when people commented on her posts. Then she had to go to Bible study. I heated up some chicken soup. I made a salad with greens I got at the market. I had no idea what they were. Then I ate a piece of chocolate while finishing the interview. Chris came home late. We talked about what I learned today, and then he had to leave again. I went through a few more e-mails. I worked with a picture of me and my friends from Augusta. But when I had it the way I wanted it, it still would not fit I the hutch with the other picture. I made a mental note to find nails and hang pictures. I did tomorrow's puzzle. Chris came home and signed in to a conference call. I did the puzzle for the weekend. Then I put another package together to mail tomorrow. Then we went to bed.
* These berries from the market are sweet and too-perfect. *

No comments: