Sunday, January 17, 2016

Two movies today

I got up after Chris went to church, thinking it was after 10 but it was just after 9. I heated water for tea. I read some e-mail, then took a shower and got dressed. I ate seed crackers for breakfast. Chris arrived to drive me to church. He dropped me off at the chapel. I sat with Jane, I pulled a small baggie of nuts out of my bag so she would have something to eat since she did not get breakfast. Then I walked to the back to give Kathy the valerian root that I borrowed. Jane went to the classroom to get some tea and I saw the nice video screen they have in there. Then we sat in the pew, listening to Soyoung's husband playing guitar and singing as prelude music. Then the chaplain said a prayer and we sang songs. I did not know any of them and the electric keyboard was so loud that I could not hear myself or the man singing. After that, the chaplain explained the new communion procedure: he gave us a question to talk about and told us to gather around three small but tall tables in the back, laden with the host and wine. The question was something about how to foster peace with the new sanctuary. Of course my answer was quilting. There was an offering plate on each table and we went to our seats to get money and drop it in. Then we sat down again for the service. His sermon was short and historical. Then he showed slides of the chapel's renovation and explained the history. When the service was over, I called Chris to come get me. Jane told me Soyoung was in the hospital, but coming home tomorrow. I spoke to her husband about it. Then I went to tell Jane I was leaving. I passed Kelly, so I asked her if she would like to quilt with us. She said yes and could I look at her machine which was damaged in shipping. Chris came in to get me, unhappy that I was not waiting for him outside and had not heard him call my phone. He took me home and I changed my clothes. He had started the laundry. We walked to the Korean church for lunch. The hall was packed. Jane made people move over to accommodate us. It was a good lunch. On the way out, two Korean ladies introduced them selves and practiced their English. Sadly the noise was so loud that I could hardly make out what they were saying. We walked home. I made breakfast and ate it while reading e-mail. Chris asked me to cut his hair. He wanted it short and I could not cut it that short with scissors, only with the razor, but it did not go well. I guess after 20 years the blades are dull. I was in tears over the result, but when Chris looked in the mirror, he said it was fine. I swept up the hair and then helped Chris fold the laundry. I looked for my trombone cleaning rod so Chris could see if the hose to the hand held shower head was blocked. I used my solar puff as a light source and saw that the hose was clear. Chris reattached it to the faucet. Not much water came out through the wand, but I think it due to some low-flo adjustment that Housing installed. I read e-mail, then got up to make hummus but we did not have lemons. We walked to the commissary in the rain and bought lemons and a few other things. When we got back, I made hummus, and then tried it on seed crackers. I added some black pepper because it boots absorption of nutrients. I also made a loaf of bread. After clearing more e-mail, we watched Suburban Commando, which was not the movie I thought it was (something with Vin Diesel). Then, since it was still early, we watched Romancing the Stone, then looked up some of the characters. I got caught up on reading about how the Rockefellers took over the oil industry and then medicine and automotive, agriculture and on it goes. It was way past my bedtime when I took a break to post to my blog and go to bed.
* I did not take any pics today, so here is one of my sewing room. *

No comments: