Saturday, January 2, 2016

Half is better than none

Chris did not come to bed last night. II had trouble sleeping and kept looking to see if the lights were off. Finally I fell asleep. I woke up thinking it was late but then I heard the alarm go off. I stayed in bed a little longer. Then I got up to drink and swish. I also boiled ginger pieces. Chris was sleeping on the couch. So I could not play the usual video to exercise. I got dressed and walked up on the mountain, tapping because the trail was so steep that I was afraid I would slide down if I tripped. I made a point of looking at the trees and rocks and leaves as I walked. Looking at natural terrain is supposed to be good for your eyes. I made and ate breakfast when I got back. Chris started the laundry. I made hummus, adding tumeric made it better. Then I made chocolate, shaving up the whole brick of cacao butter. I put a cup of shavings in a black korean bowl in the toaster oven. It came out dark, maybe it melted too fast? I put it in a measuring cup and added an equal amount of cocoa powder. It was enough to fill about half the letters in the alphabet mold. I made another batch, using lower heat. It took a long time to melt. Then I added the cocoa powder, vanilla and honey (more this time since Nela commented that it was too strong last time). It filled the alphabet mold except for two letters.
I took the ornaments off the tree. The red and gold baubles had hooks but would not fit in the case that way. So I put on some Christmas music and put little gold loops on each one. I packed them in their container. The little bells were returned to their sheet of cardboard. I folded up the fabric used as the tree skirt. I helped Chris fold the laundry. I ate a sweet potato. I glued the Sudoku flowers into half a ball. I looked up the BOM for the Tuesday group, intending to pick fabrics. But it was hard without a colored picture to go by. I sorted the blue fabrics into dark, medium and light. I looked a pictures of blue scrap quilts to see if if all blues can be mixed or if they need to have something in common. I decided that all blues can mix together, but I probably won't like it unless they have something in common. I drank some ginger tea. Then we watched One Fine Day with George Clooney and Michelle Pfeiffer. I wrote up my blog post and we went to bed.

1 comment:

Paul S said...

Ah One Fine Day. George Clooney and Michelle Pfeiffer. It’s not deep, and it’s not meaningful, and from the moment it begins the ending is completely obvious but that is why it’s the perfect rom-com. A great movie, a gift to the heart.