Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Yoga we did

I got up after Chris did. I drank water, swished and exercised. I checked e-mail. I printed out two copies of the BOM. Housing called to say someone would come to fix the bathroom sink. I made the bed and moved everything away from the sink area. Then I got dressed and put a few things in a bag, including my yoga mat. I went over to Myra's house and Nela was already there. Myra showed me the quilt she was finishing up for the doctor (who is going home to attend the birth of his child). I gave her a copy of the BOM. Nela did not want one. Myra led us in some yoga exercises. We saw it snowing outside, then turn to rain. I gave Myra the chocolate M, the only piece that would come out of the mold. We walked to the gym to see if the sauna renovation was finished, but it wasn't. On the way back, a lady stopped and offered us a ride. I accepted. As she drove up the hill, I decided to bite the bullet and admit that I did not know her name. But then she thanked me for the turmeric that my husband gave her husband and I realized she was the CO's wife Ana. She dropped me off at our quarters and told me where she lived (temporarily) in case I needed anything. When I got inside, I dropped everything and made breakfast. I ate it while reading e-mail. At 1:30 two Korean men knocked on my door. They had come to fix the slow sink in the bathroom. They were plunging it when I decided I had better things to do than watch. I am not sure if they did anything else. I got out the fancy black fabrics that I bought in Masan. I opened the pattern and saw that it called for three fabrics (and I only had two). I found something that kinda worked with the two I bought. But when I laid the fabrics out, there just wasn't enough of the one that would make the lower front and sleeves. I packed it up. I copied the grocery list from the fridge. I took a little round purse with me. I tied a scarf around my head to hide my unruly hair. I walked to the commissary in the cold. I kept my scarf on even inside, but somebody recognized me anyway. I picked up the few things on the list, finding pumpkin seeds only at the last minute. I paid for my groceries and opened the purse into a backpack. The bagger was impressed. I put the bag of groceries inside and wore it home. I left the groceries on the counter and went back to the master bathroom. I cut the front, top and sides of my hair. It wasn't great, but it was better than before. Then I went to my sewing room. I selected fabrics for the January BOM and got started. At first I followed the directions, but then I did it my way. The directions called for cutting triangles amd sewing them together. I prefer to sew first, then cut. So I did. Chris came home and made himself supper. When I got the middle together, I stopped for supper. I minced two garlic cloves into some hummus – the only way I can swallow raw garlic and not have my stomach mad at me for hours. I ate some quinoa, seaweed and bison. I measured sunflower and pumpkin seeds into a mixing bowl. I rinsed them well, then added the sesame and flax and spices and eggs. Mixed well, it went onto parchment paper on a cookie sheet. When the oven was preheated, I baked the mixture for 15 minutes, then left it to dry out in the oven. We watched Mission Impossible and drank ginger/turmeric tea. Chris patiently paused the movie and explained what was going on whenever I asked. When it was over, he went to bed and I stayed up to blog and put the seed crackers away.

No comments: