Sunday, January 31, 2016

Eating again

I slept well last night, not waking with sweat until 5. Chris got up early for his church service. After he left, I got up and drank water while listening to an interview from the Fat Summit: diabetics treated with a high-fat diet got better. Too much animal protein will turn to sugar in the body. I paused the video to take a shower. I boiled water to clean the nuts, but the video was louder and the pot boiled dry. I got dressed and finished the video. I ate a seed cracker. Chris arrived to take me to church. When I got there, I showed Jane 5 Korean messages on my phone. She said to delete them. I thanked the song leader for sending me the songs last night. He asked me to sing loudly to get the congregation singing. (classical hymns, anyone?) Jane spoke to one of the choir members and brought her over. She wanted to sew. So I asked for her e-mail address but could not find paper in time before the service began. We sang the three songs I heard last night. Then we had communion, which meant that we gathered at the back to pick up a piece of cracker and a cup of wine. We were supposed to answer the question “Who is Jesus to you?” I wasn't going to volunteer an answer, but I got asked directly so I told him 'hall monitor'. Other people had better sounding answers. But when I explained, someone else said 'yes, me too'. Then the chaplain gave a historical, geographical and cultural explanation of the events on palm Sunday. I did not know that waving palm fronds and shouting Hosanna was like a battle cry. The people expected Jesus to ride into town and oust the Romans. After church, I got the lady's e-mail address. Chris had come back to drive us home so I could change clothes. Then we walked to the Korean church for lunch. Some food items were gone already. But the kimchi chigae was outstanding. I ate like a starving person and my stomach was ok with that. Then we walked back to base. We stopped at the commissary for food. When we got home, I checked e-mail and search the web for how to make lotus tea. The info was hard to find. I listened to another interview while I made chocolate. But when I put the honey in, it started clumping up and even with more heat, would not return to a smooth batter. I wondered if the honey had water in it. I used my hands to press it into the chocolate mold. The rest I pressed into squares with my fingers. I ate one and gave one to Chris. I put the cubes in the fridge to harden. I used packing paper to make pattern pieces for the backpack. Lots and lots of pieces. I took a break when Chris loaded the movie “Get Smart”. As we watched, I ate the last pomegranate. After the movie, I put the last Fat Summit audio on and made seed crackers. Then I drew and cut out more pattern pieces until I had a separate piece for outer and inner fabric, as well as anything that called for two of. Then I went through my stash looking for an appropriate lining fabric. I could have asked her to choose what she wanted, but I did not want to risk my stash since I brought my favorite fabrics. Then I searched high and low until I found the rest of the outer fabric she picked. I spent a while ironing it. It got late, so I quit to post to my blog and go to bed.
* This is the picture I have been coloring. *

No comments: