Sunday, January 10, 2016

Staying home to rest

I woke up with a sore throat. I had not slept well. I stayed in bed when Chris got up for breakfast. It was frustrating to be sick. I knew Jane would be disappointed if I did not come to church, but I did not want to spread germs. Also I thought about Soyoung, who was expecting us for an eel soup dinner. I did not want to miss that or to disappoint her. I felt miserable, but more emotionally than physically. When I did get up, I swallowed 5 grams of vit C, followed by a tablespoon of colostrum. Then I settled down to watch an interview on menopause and essential oils. That prompted me to mix some oils together with jojoba and dab it on pressure points around my face and chest. The speaker mentioned that she uses a mixture of lavender and vetiver on the back of her neck and she can fall asleep in 5 minutes. I immediately put vetiver in my Swanson's basket.
I listened to another interview in the menopause summit. I made and ate breakfast. Chris came home from church. He said Jane would call after her service to see if I wanted to go to lunch. I laid down on the couch to rest. Jane called and Chris told her I was napping. So he said he would go to lunch with her. From there he expected to go to Soyoung's place. So he got out the brownies to take along. He insisted that I try a bite and they were rock hard. I think he invented brownie brittle. So he microwaved them to get them out of the glass pan, and he put some in a tupperware container. Then he walked to the Korean church for lunch. Soyoung called to see if I wanted to reschedule and I said I did, not wanting to miss out. Then Jane got on the phone to say she grabbed a rice cake from the church lunch for me. Chris said they were all going for a walk in the park, and then he would go to the commissary. I put down the phone and continued to rest and meditate. I felt like something should get done around here but I did not feel like getting up. I did a couple of meridian passes, then got up and got dressed. The wall basket in the bathroom had fallen down again. Thinking Command strips might work, I looked through my bag of Command stuff, but all I had were strips, no hooks. And the strips were not marked with how much weight they would hold. Chris came home after walking in the park with Jane and then going to the commissary. I spent the afternoon in my sewing room sewing red scraps together. Chris made chicken soup (at Jane's suggestion). I ate two bowls of it and it was very good. I checked e-mail, and one had a link to a clip of fireworks taken by a drone. That led to other videos of fireworks. I enjoyed them and wondered if they'd be even better on a larger screen. For our movie, we watched Ivanhoe, then looked up several of the actors who looked familiar. I finalized my Swanson's order before going to bed. I was dismayed to see that the vetiver was deleted from my order due to shipping restrictions. Grrr.
* The red project *

1 comment:

Alice Watson said...

I love your 'red' project. Some of 'us' went to a quilting retreat in Fayetteville, Tn, last week. Thursday thru Saturday. The lady who owns and runs Hooked on Quilting run the retreat, called Stitch Camp. There were about, maybe, 18 people there. Sorry you were not feeling so well. Hoping you are better now. I am concerned about the news from North Korea. You are always in my prayers.