Monday, March 14, 2016

A real Korean adventure

I woke up before the alarm went off and never heard it. I did something in my sewing room. I drank water and swished with coconut oil. I checked e-mail. I ate seed crackers. I put the walker out by my sewing stuff. I got dressed and moved the sewing supplies to the front porch, and then to the curb. I stood and waited for Myra to arrive. We loaded the car and drove to Nela's house. I hopped out and carried the walker across the street to Elizabeth's house. I gave it to Raymond who answered the door. Then Nela arrived and we went to the FFTC building. We carried everything inside. Chaun was already there, arranging tables. We got set up and a few other people arrived. Myra and I got them started on whatever projects they wanted to work on. Anna wanted to make a zippered pillow case with a ruffle to learn the skills involved. But she did not have a zipper. Myra got her started on the ruffle. In between helping people, I cut up fabric that I had brought for fish blocks. Chris came by at noon to deliver the mail, which was my new driver's license. It had my old Alabama picture on it and said that next time I am in Alabama I must report to the bureau for a replacement license. Yeah, right. Then we packed up. Nela walked home. Myra drove Chris and me home where he unloaded my stuff. He made himself lunch while I made myself breakfast. I ate it while checking e-mail. Then I grabbed a sling purse and walked down the hill to Myra's parking lot. Nela called to say she was on her way. I saw Danielle and her dog so I walked down to see her. Then Nela arrived, and finally Myra. We walked off post, to the McDonald's bus stop. Nela said she wanted to explore an odd shaped building on the shore that she had seen the day before. So we waited for a bus, and rode it for at least 20 minutes. When we got off, we could see it in the distance. A lady on the bus got off there too, and she led the way through a small street lined with villas down to the shore and across a bridge. Then she went in another direction while we climbed the hill to what turned out to be a marine park with a solar tower. I had to call Chris to tell him where I was. He wished he were with me. We took pics at the gazebo and then entered the building. We went to the fourth floor and bought tickets to enter the tower. We rode the elevator to the 27th floor (not that there were floors in between).
We admired the view. I was a little nervous but the height did not bother me as much as I thought it would. We took pics and wandered around. There were mirrors that skewed our reflections. Finally we came down. They stopped in a souvenir shop to look around. There did not seem to be anything the reflected the place that we were in. Just jewelry and perler bead key chains. We found our way outside and walked across a bridge to a little brightly colored town. We wandered down a street but no one was there. So we walked back. It was a lot of walking uphill to get back to the tower. Then we walked downhill to get back to the bus stop. We had to wait for a bus, and I was so glad to see it when it came. We rode back to Chinhae. Then we had to walk back to base. We stopped at the corner store to get fruits and vegetables. Then we walked on base, and to our separate places. Chris was already home, finishing up supper. I heated up a bowl of the bison with tomatoes. I also made a salad, and started a loaf of bread. Chris had to go back to work for a VTC. I ate my supper and worked a few Sudoku puzzles, ahead for the week. Then, just as I went to my sewing room, he came home. I checked e-mail and watched some short sewing videos. At 8 we watched two episodes of CSI. I returned to my sewing room to check e-mail again. I could hear Chris calling the states over a revised W-2 that never arrived. I wrote up my blog and posted it, with the intention of going to bed.

No comments: