Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Lunch at Anna's house

I got up at 7:29, thinking it was after 8. Then my alarm went off. I drank water and checked e-mail. I ate seed crackers. I put together an Amazon order to include a new watchband. But despite adding other items to my order, I was not getting free shipping. When I noticed the time read 9:45, I closed the laptop and called Myra. She was having car issues, but resolved them and came to get me. We carried my stuff to her car. Then we picked up Nela and went to the chapel. She found a parking space right in front, which was like a miracle. We unloaded into the classroom. We set up the machines and Nela sewed on the last border for our first QOV. We took turns taking pics. Myra left at 11 to have her professional picture taken. When she got back, she said that Chris was there, having his taken too. While she was gone, we worked on fish blocks. Nela and Anna sewed while I drew diagonal lines and pressed and cut. But we used up all the blue background that I had brought. So we worked on the second quilt of valor. Myra had added the last two blocks before she left, so all it needed were borders. We auditioned several blues and a white. Finally she tried a red with it. It was lovely but there was not enough of it. But I thought I might have something similar at home. I cut the blue and the white while Nela sewed them end to end. Finally Myra pinned the inner border to one side and we packed up. The secretary of the chapel said we could use the closet in that room for storage. That was better luck than I had imagined. So we put most of my stuff in there. I forgot to mention that Chris stopped by after checking the post office and left me two boxes. One contained only a tube of lip balm. So I threw it in the other box and left the first box near the trash. Then Anna invited us to her house for lunch. Myra took Nela home to drop off her sewing supplies and then dropped me off. I freshened up and walked to Anna's house. Keymora was just arriving so we walked in together. Anna was preparing lunch. She had little bowls of fish something in her slow cooker. She had some dried meat snacks. They were good, but no telling what was in them. Other people arrived. She cooked up ground pork with spices. She deep-fried hardboiled eggs, which I had never heard of before. They got cut in half and topped with a tamarind sauce and something else. Elisa played at the piano and we talked about that for awhile. Lunch was not served until almost 3. We sat around her kitchen table and shared good food and conversation. But I got antsy and was looking for a good way to get out and have some alone time. Myra mentioned that Housing closed at 4 and she needed to ask them something. Well, I needed a light bulb, so I went with her. But she ran ahead to be sure to catch them before they closed. Nela walked with me. We passed my house and I ducked in to get the new bulb that did not work. Housing was open when we got there. The man gave me two new bulbs. Then we left and went home. I put the bulbs down and checked e-mail. I started watching a video segment on heroin addiction in America. Finally I pulled myself away so I could do an errand. But at just that moment, Chris came home. So we talked about his day and mine. I boiled some water and added some soap in a large bowl. In the shed I used the water to soak the sunroof of the stroller. When I had finished, Chris told me that he had to go to the states in May and if I wanted to come, but did not want to fly, I had the option of taking a ship. He suggested I could go back to the states for 2 months. It sounded complicated to me and I don't need more complication in my life. I ate the rest of my chocolate and melted some cacao butter to make more. It took a while. I put in cacao powder and cinnamon and vanilla and vit C and honey. I had to warm up the honey because it had crystalized. I washed my new chocolate mold. Using all my molds, I poured a little chocolate in each one, then put a cashew or a walnut in each one and then topped it with more chocolate. The smaller molds went into the fridge but the larger one had to sit out. I washed up the utensils and countertops. I made and ate breakfast while reading e-mail and finishing the video. Then Chris was ready, so we watched two episodes of CSI. He went to bed and I stayed up to write this post.

No comments: