Sunday, March 27, 2016

Happy Easter

Jesus rose on Easter morning but I did not. During the night I got cold trying to sleep on the floor. So I crawled into the bedroom but could not get into the bed. Chris brought me a long cushion from the couch and it was so comfortable that I eventually went to sleep. It wasn't much sleep, but I was glad for it and happy to see daylight. Chris brought me water then got dressed and went to church. He came home after the service to check on me and make me breakfast. It was hummus, brussels sprouts and plantain chips. Then he brought me pork and two small rolls. They were unbelievably good. At noon he went to the Easter brunch at Turtle Cove. When he came back, Anna was with him. She wanted to visit me. She suggested acupuncture, but I told her there was no way I could get there. She suggested an ambulance but I did not want to be moved because my back would seize. After she left, I took a round of meds. I slept a little bit. Then I read e-mail and saw that Myra had messaged me. I messaged her back and then decided to call, because typing was so difficult. The people next door were having a yard party. Chris went over and got some food. Then he cooked chicken for supper. I processed e-mail, listened to audios and watched videos, including one from The Quilt Show where the guest cut up her show quilt to make something else. Heart-stopping! Chris brought me two chicken legs for supper and later some spaghetti squash. I sat up a few times for a few seconds, just to keep my back from getting stiff and to reassure myself that I was getting better. We have planned a trip to Daegu fabric market for tomorrow and I don't want to miss it. Also, Chris is going to work and so cannot help me when nature calls. I tried to write my blog on my tablet, but it is too big for my hand and I keep dropping it or pressing something that takes me out of compose mode and I can't get back in it. So I pulled my laptop onto my lap and craned my head up to type a few sentences at a time.

No comments: