Sunday, March 13, 2016

Here, fishy fishy

I did not hear my alarm go off so I got up late as Chris was getting ready for church. After he left, I ate and checked e-mail. I took a shower and put together another fish block while listening to the praise songs for today on Youtube. Chris came home just as I finished the block. He drove me to church, then went to work. I asked the pastor if we could have hymns for Easter. I sat with Jane. When the service started, we sang the songs. Then we had communion in the back. A lot of people got their wine and bread and sat down. The rest of us stood around talking like we were instructed. Then we sat for the bible reading. The sermon went long, say 30 to 40 past the usual time. Raymond suggested that his wife could use a walker and I offered mine. Chris came to get me. We drove Danielle and her husband home, then went home to change. We walked to the Korean church for lunch. Jane had not arrived yet, so we kind of waited for her. It was a very good meal. In addition to spinach, squid, kimchi and rice, there were plates of lettuce and meat on the table. We put the meat in a lettuce leaf, then added garlic, peppers and hot sauce before eating it. There were orange slices for dessert. Jane had a lot on her plate and men came to fold up all the tables. Since we were done, she told us to go ahead and leave. Sook's husband was just picking her up, so we caught a ride back to base with them. We shopped in the commissary for groceries, then carried them to our car and drove home. I checked e-mail again and must have used my sewing machine (because later I found the light still on). I walked down to the CO's house to give their son a piano lesson. He did not seem all that interested, but my main objective was to get to know him and get him to know me. When he went out to play with his brother, I played with the piano just because it felt so good to play again. Then his mother invited me to have tea. We chatted about seeds and stuff. Then she showed me what the netting laundry bags looked like. We talked about how a laundry fundraiser would work. Her husband came out to visit and then the man next door came over with his two daughters to drop off a gift. Anna showed me how the sling purse she made came apart at one seam. I offered to fix it. She gave me some tea to take home. I walked home and got very cold. I helped Chris fold laundry. I ate some bison. I fixed Anna's purse. I took a pic of the QOV and of the fish blocks. I posted to Facebook to remind ladies of the class. Chris and I moved all the FRG stuff behind the shed into the shed in case it rained tomorrow. I cut up fabrics and made another fish block. I cut up more fabric until Chris started an episode of CSI. We watched the episode together. Then it was 10:30, so I drank my salt water, and went to bed. Chris read for awhile.

No comments: