Thursday, March 10, 2016

Cleaning

I slept in until 9. I got up to clean in the bathroom. Then I drank lemon water, exercised, checked e-mail, etc. I ate seed crackers with coconut oil. I put the pot of bones on the stove to boil again. I got dressed for yoga and then realized that the shirt I picked had turmeric stains on it. I threw it in the washbowl to soak. I turned down the burner a little and went to yoga. There were two men waiting to participate. I was worried that they were behind me and could be looking at my butt. But while doing Downward Dog, I glanced at them and they were not. What? Is my half-century old butt not worth looking at? I guess there is no pleasing me. It was a tough workout. After yoga, Kathy asked if I had any interest in joining the PTO. Although I thought I had something to offer such an organization, I did not want to overcommit myself. Then I walked home with Myra and Nela, who went to their homes. I made and ate breakfast. I checked e-mail. I put the turmeric shirt in the washer with two rugs, a coat and the dust mop head. I made hummus. Later I put all but the shirt in the dryer. The shirt was still stained, so I put it in the sink with lots of soap. That got me in the cleaning mood. I scrubbed the kitchen floor. I vacuumed the hallway and part of the bedroom, but it was not picking up the black fuzz on carpet. I got out the other vacuum. But then I damp mopped the hallway and the utility room. I vacuumed the hall bath and the master bath. I washed the master bath floor, and scrubbed the sink area. I cleaned inside part of the shower that I could reach without getting my feet wet. Myra called to say she had sent me a pic of two items that she wanted to add to my Swansons order. I finalized my order and sent it in. I planted the remaining three pea plants in a cut off plastic bottle. I put that in the window in case the ones outside freeze. I resumed cleaning. Since the fridge was low on food, I took out shelves and washed them. I vacuumed the bottom underneath the last bin. Chris came home for a bite to eat before going back to work for a VTC. I sat to jot notes for my blog. While he was gone, I listened to a tapping audio. I drank a bowl of the bone broth. I printed out some block instructions, and scanned a letter from the post office denying my claim. I vacuumed the bedroom and sewing room. I hunted for scraps of QOV. I found two blocks from the ends of strip sets. I added some red to each one. That made one long enough to be a block, but the second one needed more of a certain blue strip but I had no scraps of that. Chris came home from his VTC. I needed a few minutes to finish sewing the strips. Then we sat on the couch to watch three episodes of CSI. They were linked together with those dreaded three words: “to be continued”. Chris went to bed, and I stayed up to cool off the bone broth so I could put it away. While it was cooling, I posted to my blog.
* I did not take any pics today so here is one from a few Sundays ago when we were eating at the Korean church. *

No comments: