Thursday, March 24, 2016

Making bagel breadsticks

I woke up before the alarm but stayed in bed, hoping for a little more sleep. I drank water and read e-mail, I did my exercises. I washed the shea butter from the hair near my ear, then got dressed and went next door. Kelly cut my hair and asked me to mend a hanbok she bought for her daughter. Then I went back home to fill two water bottles with hot salt water. I packed my sauna bag, and went to the gym. The sauna was off, and two older Korean women were in there, fully dressed. I think their job is to clean the locker room. They turned on the sauna and left. I did some exercises to get the sweat going. Myra arrived soon after I did. As the temp went up, we talked. After 45 minutes, we left to take our showers. We met Joelle, the yoga teacher, getting ready for class. We all went into the gym. Two men joined the class. Joelle said it was leg day, but it's always leg day. Today was no worse. After yoga, I walked back with Myra as far as her house. When I got home, Chris was right behind me. I looked up bread recipes in books and then online. I started one in the bread machine. I made and ate breakfast , then read e-mail. I started a Swansons order. I formed the dough into fat breadsticks. I boiled them in water, then rolled them in sesame seeds, then put them in the oven. When I checked on them, they needed a little more time. I finished my order and when I went back, they were dark so I took them out. I cut one open to see if it was done. I had to eat it to see if it was doughy in the middle. It needed salt, so I sprinkled salt over the sesame seed tops. I let them cool slightly. I tried to call Chris to see when the service was, but his phone was busy. I packed the bread sticks in a strawberry bowl lined with paper towel. I also picked up a letter that I have been intending to mail. I was walking toward the mailbox and the chapel when Kelly came along and offered me a ride. So I hopped in, hoping to make it before 5. Kelly went to the commissary and I walked to the chapel from there. Chris was sitting in the sanctuary alone. I put the bread bowl in the kitchen, then told him it was there. We kissed and I walked home, dropping the letter in the mail box as I passed it. There were a lot of meditations in e-mail this week, and I listened to several of them. I packed the first QOV top into a box. There was room for a second one so I e-mailed Myra to see if she had it. Chris came home from the Thursday mass and wine and bread supper. He said the sesame seed bread was very popular, so popular that he did not even put the rolls out. After he changed his clothes, we watched three episodes of Castle. Chris went to bed. I looked at links to sewing makeovers, then read some e-mails and posted to my blog. And now its time for bed.
* These are the fish blocks we laid out on Wednesday *

No comments: