Saturday, March 19, 2016

The watch man

I slept in late. We had some cuddle time and then Chris got up to make coffee. I stayed in bed as long as I could. When I got up, he asked me if I would like to call Michele. So we called her on skype. As usual, I had to make up topics of conversation. She's not very talkative on the phone. I did the weekend Sudoku puzzle. Then I drank a quart of water. I put all the white grocery bags inside each other. I went to my sewing room to check e-mail and watch an episode of TQS. I did most of my exercises, and then cut blue background squares for the fish blocks. When the episode was over, I ate some seed crackers. I got dressed and put my fanny pack in my backpack. I was going to go up the trail, but changed my mind and walked to the PX to buy sunglasses. I also looked for watch batteries but found none. On my way home, I saw Myra and Scott out spraying polyurethane. I walked down to talk. Myra's can ran out so she needed to buy more. We went to the ATM, but it would not accept her card. So we went to the other ATM. While she was using it, I went into the bank which was about to close. I handed over my dollars to be exchanged for won. Then we walked out into town heading for Daiso. We passed a jeweler so I stopped to ask about a battery. I handed over the watch and he put in a new one and adjusted the time. Then I handed over my watch that needs a band. He pulled out close to 100 from under the counter and searched for one like mine. He put it on a lot quicker than I could have done. I paid 13,000 won for both, which is just over $12. Walking down the street, we saw strawberries, and decided to come back later. Then we saw flowers. I could not resist buying two dahlias. We reached Daiso, and bought plant seeds – kind of like a garden in a cup. Myra got the polyurethane. Then she got a begonia at the place nearby. We walked through the market and I stopped for a fish noodle on a stick. Along with a cup of broth, it was 0.50. Then we went to buy strawberries. Well, I did. She got the peppers. We walked back to base. When we got to the check point, there were trucks waiting to come on base and get inspected. We had to wait. Then we walked to her house, and then I went to mine. I dropped the plants at the door. I showed Chris my new band. I located the movie that we are supposed to show tomorrow. I ate the last of the bison while Chris went to the commissary for pork. I jotted notes for my blog. I made tea and cleaned up clutter in the kitchen. I got a box to clean off the dining room table. Most of it went in the box but some got recycled or trashed. I picked up in the living room, too and ran the dust mop. We watched three episodes of CSI, finishing the season. We put the VHS movie for tomorrow into the player to make sure it would play. I hoped there was nothing too adult in it that I don't remember. Then we folded the laundry and put it away. The new yoga pants I bought had a tie at the waist that frayed terribly. The two ends looked like pom-poms and the laundry was tied up in threads. Another pair of pants had a hole in one seam. I sewed it shut several times before it was just right. I downloaded the pics from today. I posted to my blog and went to bed.

No comments: