Friday, March 11, 2016

Jaime's going-away party

I got up about 8. I took out a seam and sewed in another strip. But it wasn't long enough either, so I sewed a white corner over it. Then I checked e-mail and drank water. I exercised and listened to tapping audios. I called Nela to see if we were walking today. I messaged Akia. I made a batch of seed crackers. Akia came by and we went to the FRG locker. We took out everything in there except for the small bikes, which would not fit in her car. We carried it all to a spot behind the shed. Then she had to pick up her daughter. I ate some of the new seed cracker batch. I did some more tapping audios. I seemed to have found a sore spot in my psyche. Myra messaged me that she did not want to go walking. I made and ate breakfast. I walked up the trail and around and down behind my house. I noted that someone had done a very nice job of putting all the uprooted sod back in place and staking it down with green netting. Sadly the sod has been dead for several months. I picked up Chris' key and got in his car. It took me awhile to remember how to operate the clutch and brake. But then it was ok. I did not need to go above second gear driving to the Navy Lodge. I got the bikes out of the locker. I returned the keys and signed them back in. I drove back to the housing area. I moved the bikes from the trunk to the shed. I opened some of the tubs from the locker to air out. I removed the cover from the stroller and soaked it in hot soapy water. I listened to more tapping audios. I got dressed and walked down to the parking lot at Duffy's for Jamie's going-away party. Anna drove up and invited me to wait in her car. As we talked, Myra and Nela walked up, so they got in, too. We all waited for others to come. Another car with three women arrived. We drove behind them to Changwon. Parking was a whole 'nother matter. The lot was full so the operators were parking cars crosswise. But they found Anna a spot somehow. Then we all went upstairs to an Indian restaurant. There were several other Indian places in the same building. But ours was very nice. We looked over the menus. Then three more ladies showed up while we were ordering. I got a prawn dish cooked in yogurt. We had a great time conversing. Elisha showed me how to sign in to KakaoTalk. Several people ordered a set meal, which included dessert. The proprietress offered to provide dessert for everyone. One of the selections was green tea, so I had that. At 9:30, the restaurant was closing, so we went next door to a pub. I was uncomfortable there. So we left. I kind of hinted that I wanted to go home. So Anna took us home, while the others went somewhere for dessert and karaoke. Anna took Nela home first. We sat outside Nela's house talking. Then she dropped off Myra, and then stopped by my house. She asked me to come over Sunday at 2 to give her son a piano lesson. When I came in, Chris was on his computer. I checked my e-mail and posted to my blog, more than ready to go to bed.

No comments: