Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Duck and more duck

The alarm went off at 7:30 but I did not get the energy to rise until 8am. I checked e-mail while drinking lemon water. I started exercising and Myra called to talk about coming to pick me up. Then I ate some seed crackers and got dressed. I put some QOV fabric and the fish project in my sling purse. I walked out to the road and waited, then walked down to Myra's house. She was just getting in her car, so then we rode down to the chapel where she found a parking space. We carried the machines inside. Two chapel workers set up the tables. I got the iron and another machine out of the storage closet. Myra and I set up the room to work on QOV and the fish quilt. Myra could not find her thread stand. She checked the FFTC classroom and her home. I auditioned fabric for borders on the second QOV. She came back and finished the first two borders while I pinned and sewed fish blocks. I asked the chaplain for a key so we could get in to access our sewing stuff when the chapel was locked. He declined but said we could call and someone would open it. I mentioned night classes and he was very much in favor of them, but still no key. Nela came by during her lunch hour. I let her sew fish blocks while I pinned more pieces together. Then we packed up and Nela went back to work at the commissary. Myra and I went to see Dan in case someone had found the thread stand in the classroom. And he had it, not knowing what it was. We talked to him for awhile, and set up some evening class times in April. Then Myra took me home. I knocked on Kelly's door to see when she could cut my hair, but she was not home. I went to my door and dropped the fabric inside. I took the vit C that I meant to take this morning. I checked my messages. I made and ate breakfast. I meditated with Oprah and Deepak. I listened to the Spring Fling paraliminal. I e-mailed Kelly and she suggested cutting hair tomorrow morning. I got an e-mail from the lady in Yongsan who quilts QOV, giving me her address. I measured the quilt top and discovered that it was a little short. I called Myra. She came over with some red fabric to audition with the second top. We decided it would do, so she took it with her to work on. I cut strips to add to the sides of the first top to make it wide enough. I wrote a check to the church in Huntsville. Then I did a guided visualization. Chris came home but he did not disturb me. When it was over, I greeted him. I went back to reading e-mails. Then we got ready and walked down to Myra's building. We met Danielle and Ross. As we headed to the gate, we saw Myra. I invited her to go with us, but she declined. The four of us walked to the duck restaurant. We did not have a reservation, but they found a place to seat us (on the floor). We ordered two duck dinners – one bulgogi and one duck with salt. It was plenty for four people. First the lady cooked the 'duck with salt' in the gas cooker on our table. We ate from the side dishes until all the pieces were cooked. When that was eaten, she cooked the duck bulgogi, which was my favorite. Did I mention that we wore the aprons provided by the restaurant? We had a great time talking about music and authors and eye surgery. Finally we got up to leave. All the other patrons had left. The man served us coffee. Chris drank mine. Then we walked back to base. But on the way, I spied strawberries for 4500 won, which was a very good price. So we all looked at the produce and got brussels sprouts and cucumbers too. Then we went back to base and home. Chris said we got a Castle DVD in the mail. So we watched two episodes of that. Then Chris had to make a call to the states and I stayed up to post to my blog and try to remember all that happened today.

No comments: