Friday, March 4, 2016

Running in the rain

I did not drink salt water last night and I had a hot flash in bed this morning. Then I slept late and got just before 9. I exercised and listened to an audio. I called the trash center and asked if they could clean out the FRG lockers. They kept asking for a building number and I did not know it. So I promised to get it and call back. I called Chris for the bldg number, and he had to find out and call me back. I asked Nela too. When I called back with the number, the man was already there, waiting on me. I threw on clothes on and ran down there, in the rain. There were two very nice men. They carried out all I gave them from one locker and completely emptied the other one. They did not have anything for me to sign so I wrote on a piece of paper that I had authorized the removal of the items. I stopped at Nela's house to visit. Then I came home to eat seed crackers and take a shower. I filled some water containers, too. I watered the peas since they were under the eaves of the roof. I cleaned up the foyer area. Sook came to pick up the backpack. She was pleased. She paid me the 50,000 won I asked for. She tried on the backpack and I had to lengthen the straps as far as they would go. After she left, I called Nela. As I went to meet her at her house, I met Chris coming home for lunch. When I got to her house, she was ready so we went to the bus stop. The bus got there just ahead of us and I ran in front of the bus thinking it was going to stop. It stopped then. We got off at Home Plus, and walked down the street looking for the phone number on the sign. When we found it, we stopped in for lunch. Afterward, I had to call Jane to explain that we wanted to buy kimchi. I thought that was already set up. Jane said the lady would give me a lot, but it was less than I got at the everyday market. On the way back, we passed a store selling plants and seeds and gardening things. But it was too soon to buy tomato plants. We also saw a store selling kimchi and other wrapped foods. Nela bought a bag of pickled garlic. Then we went to a little general store. Nela bought some stuff, and we proceeded to the bus stop and waited. We rode back to base. I went to Nela's house to divide the pickled garlic. I came home, surprised that my feet were dry after all that walking in the rain. I called Sook back. She came over and showed me how she needed the straps to be attached higher and closer together at an angle. She brought me a container of a beef dish that she had made. I tasted it and it was good. I spent the last of the afternoon re-doing the straps and listening to an audio. I made and ate my breakfast. Chris came home, and made his supper. I showed him the beef dish, but he said it was a Friday in Lent so he could not eat meat. I listened to an audio on EMF radiation, and checked e-mail. I made notes on my backpack pattern about the straps. I posted a project to the Yongsan Quilters Facebook page. We watched Underdog together. I drank salt water and posted to my blog.
* this is the garden store. *

No comments: