Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Yoga and shopping

I got started on my coffee morning before 8. I drank a quart of water, swished and read e-mail. I boiled water for coffee, exercised, drybrushed and rebounded. I did not finish in time to take a shower before yoga. That meant that there was still coconut oil in my hair when I went. Myra and Nela did not come. Joelle gave us a tough workout, lots of thigh-splitting poses. The other ladies packed up promptly at 12 to get their kids from CYP. So I was alone with the instructor. As we did cool-down poses, I asked her about where she got her massage. After yoga, I went home. Chris was having lunch. He had some packages from the post office, but they were for him. He took the burnt out light bulb from the fridge to get a new one from Housing. I ate my seed crackers, then called Myra. She was still waiting for Housing to fix the doorbell. So I made and ate breakfast, too. She called back when the job was done. I walked down to her house, but she was on the phone. I watched her TV until she finished. Then we walked over to the clinic because she needed to get a question answered. I nudged her shoulder and she asked the doc about that. He took her in the back and when they came out, she said he said nothing was out of place. Then we walked down by the school to look for Nela. We saw Jadyn showing off his knitting. Nela was close behind. She teaches knitting after school. We all want massages, so we walked downtown to where Joelle went. Despite the language barrier, we were able to set up appointments for all of us next week. Then we went to the everyday market. Nela was looking for ribbon. At one little store I bought a bow and a tiny humidifier. At another, I bought underwear, though they did not have the kind I prefer. I had to wonder if it was appropriate to show them what I was wearing so they would know what I was looking for. But I decided against it. We also went to Daiso. I got another chocolate mold and a 2-sided magnifying mirror (to replace the one that finally fell apart). We also went to Office Depot, which is where Nela finally found the ribbon she needed. Then we came home, but it was getting cold and dark. I walked uphill to the house. I saw Chris' car pulling out. Another VTC. I heated up a bowl of bison and made a salad. I ate the bison while reading e-mail. Chris came home. When I came to a good stopping point, we sat down to watch a couple of episodes of CSI. I tried to call Plan International because they sent me a letter detailing problems with our bank. But I did not get through. I jotted notes for my blog while I waited for the next hour. I flattened recyclables and separated them into bags, which I put by the door for Chris to put out in the morning. It was 10pm by then so I tried calling Plan International. The lady was there and I was able to reach her extension. We ironed out the problems and got the payments back on track. After the call, I downloaded the pics from my camera. I wrote to my blog and went to bed.
* Here is a pic from the marine solar park. *

No comments: