Friday, March 18, 2016

Rainy day and banana cookies

I slept in late, getting up only when the phone rang. It was Chris, telling me that the community round up was at 9 (in half an hour) and if I chose to come, could I bring his phone? I dashed to get ready. I called Myra to see if she wanted company at the meeting. It was raining so I carried an umbrella (and Chris' phone) and walked down to her place. She was waiting, and we went off together, hurrying. But when we got there, the door was closed and the room was dark. I called Chris at work but he did not answer. I called his other number and my pocket rang. Oh well. Soon he arrived with Myra's husband. They tried to turn on the lights in the auditorium but had some trouble. I guess you have to flick the switches twice. Anyway, the lights came on and people filed in. The ops officer went through the 8-week schedule. I was pleased to see that my class was on it. Myra had a lot of people to talk to, both before and after the meeting. Kristen gave me some red-white-and-blue fabrics that her mother sent for QOV. Myra and I walked back home. I checked e-mail and ate seed crackers. I made up a batch of supplements to see what I was low on. I placed a Swanson's order to take advantage of their March17 sale. I needed eggs, so I called Myra to say I was bringing her scarf over on my way. But she needed to go to the commissary too, so she came by and picked me up. I gave her the scarf and some chocolates. We shopped together and Nela came along. We all checked out together. Myra dropped Nela off first and then took me home. I made and ate breakfast. I fell asleep on the couch. Later I moved to the bed, bit it just wasn't as comfortable. I beat three eggs and put in nuts and seeds and spices for seed crackers. While they were baking, I looked up banana cookies. When I had an idea of how much of what to put in, I went to the kitchen. I put four small bananas in a mixing bowl with oatmeal and an egg. I added salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, cacao powder, and vanilla. I mixed it all up. When the seed crackers came out of the oven, I took the cracker off and put cookies on the parchment. I pressed pecans into each one. Then I baked them at 350. I wasn't sure they were done after 10 minutes, so I left them in a little longer. Then I took them out to cool. I went in my sewing room to work on e-mail. Later I took a break to try some adrenal reset tea that came in the mail today. I also ate one of the banana cookies. It was awfully bland. I shook a little salt on it and that helped. So I guess they need more salt. Too late now. Chris came home for supper. Then he left to see a movie called Deadpool. I looked at the trailers and decided I did not want to go. While he was gone, I listened to audios and did some tapping. I also sewed D-rings onto my backpack, and took out some seams in a dress that I had taken in years ago, thinking it would then fit Michele. I found it while trying out my new scarves to see what to wear them with. Chris came back from the movie, and we watched an episode of CSI together. Then I sat down to write to my blog while he waited for someone in the states to call him back. The call did not come. I listened to an audio while deleting the latest e-mails. Then I posted to my blog and went to bed.
* This is our first QOV quilt top *

No comments: