Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Pre-festival stroll

I got up early, probably because Chris was up early. My back was stiff so I walked around like an old lady with arthritis. I drank water and read e-mail. I started listening to an audio just before Chris left. When I realized he had not taken the recyclables out, I tried to call him back, but he did not hear me. So I put on my shoes (which did not go with my bathrobe) and took them out myself. I had made myself a list last night of all the things I wanted to be sure to do this morning before quilting. Recyclables were on the list, as was posting the quilting event to Facebook, and making up dosages of supplements for the next nine days. I also put together another order, which took awhile, and kind of ate up the morning. I forgot to see if some of those supplements were already on order. I took a shower and got dressed. I called Myra who sounded like she would be here momentarily. I put on my shoes and put into a bag fabrics to bring along. I was watching out the window while listening to an audio that I would not get to finish. Then my phone rang and she drove up. It was the chapel asking when we wanted to start the Wednesday evening classes. I told them we would use the FFTC classroom instead. Then I left, to ride down with Myra, to the chapel. We carried our stuff inside, but most of it was there, in storage already. I set up while she checked on the FFTC classroom. Then I worked on cutting fish blocks while she put the final borders on the second QOV. When she finished, I took a pic of it, and then we clipped all the loose threads. Nela came by during her lunch hour. She ate her lunch then sewed fish blocks. Then we packed up. Nela went back to work. Myra and I went to welcome new residents. We ran into Chris going back to work after lunch. We welcomed two couples, and went to find the third, but no one answered the door. We went home for lunch. I made and ate breakfast. I listened to another audio. I opened a package Chris got at the post office. It had some of the supplements that I had just ordered. Oh well. Then I called Myra who wanted to walk into town to see the cherry trees along the canal. I put on my backpack in case I came across anything I wanted to buy. As we walked down hill, we ran into Dan. He told us the FFTC classroom might be full of the books from the daytime class. So we walked over there, and yes, their stuff was all over. So Myra wrote to Facebook to cancel the class.
Then we went out in town. Even though the festival doesn't start until Friday, vendors were setting up and people were taking selfies among the cherry trees. Each section of the canal was decorated differently. One was with red umbrellas with wires. One had bicycles, another stars, another fake flowers on long stems. It was evident that all this would be lit at night. We wandered, and took pics. I bought a coconut with a straw. After drinking the juice, I put the coconut in my backpack. At another stand, I bought a hot corn on the cob. It was sweet but mealy. One vendor called to us to come see his stand. He sat us one at a time on a bench in front of a background that looked like the canal. He posed us and took a photo, then had software that made the photo look like a painting. It was interesting but I thought he said it cost over $100 to get it transferred to canvas. We wandered some more, looking at Korean festival food and other items for sale. Then we walked back on the other side of the canal. When we got back to base, she went home. So did I. Chris arrived seconds after I did. He took the garbage bags on our porch to the neighbors, who need them more than we do. I took the coconut out of my backpack, and put it in two grocery bags and swung it hard against the patio to crack it open. I ate part of it for supper and drank a bottle of coconut water. I checked e-mail and listened to another audio. I re-wrote my hummus recipe and e-mailed it to Kelly. Chris finished his supper. I had a brilliant idea to melt all my cacao butter and pour it into my silicone mini cupcake tray. Each space held two tablespoons. It melted while we watched an episode of CSI. I poured it into 6 muffin spaces. I melted another package and we watched another episode. I poured that one off, too, then added the last bit. We watched a third episode. Chris went to bed. I finished filling the muffin tray and went on to the chocolate molds. They each held 1 tsp. Chris thought the effort was not worth the benefit of being able to measure the cacao butter before it was melted, but I did. Then I sat down to write to my blog and go to bed.
* See my face on the screen? *

No comments: