Sunday, May 29, 2016

Finishing the shirt

I woke up early from a strange dream. I stayed in bed until my cortisol woke up. Then I got up and looked outside. It was raining. I watered my lettuces on the porch. I texted Myra to see if they were still going to go hiking this morning. I read e-mail and listened to audios. I drank a quart of water and took my vitamin C. I took my shower and dressed for church. Then I worked on my top from last night. I sewed the side seams and hemmed the sleeves. Then I finished getting ready for church. I got Chris’ keys and drove myself to the FFTC center where I parked and walked to the chapel. I had no one to sit with since Jane went back to the states. The leader of the praise team hurt his back so he was there, but not playing his guitar. We sang hymns instead. For the sermon, the chaplain talked about a documentary called “Please vote for me” where a third grade class in China votes for class monitor. It turns very political as three candidates are running. Although voting is new to them, they quickly learn corruption during the process. The chaplain asked if politics equals corruption. And he talked about Godly leaders dispensing justice and all the benefits stated in the bible. After the sermon I talked to the song leader and his wife who is learning to sew in our class. Then I drove home. I ook off my dress and put on my new shirt with shorts. Often if I wear a top before I hem it, it never gets hemmed, but I took the chance anyway. I turned off the ox-tail soup which has been cooking for two days. I spooned out the fat and the bones. I discarded the bones and poured the juice into two jars which went into the fridge. Then I sat down to watch a very long talk by Bruce Lipton on epigenetics. It was far more interesting than I expected. I paused it in the middle to stack and run the dishwasher. Then I went to the commissary for eggs and coconut milk. When I got back, I called Myra to see if they were home. I went over there to deliver some olives that were taking up too much space in the fridge drawers. I stayed to chat. She gave me stuff for the FRG yardsale (whenever it happens). I put it in the shed and looked at the patterns someone else had donated. But they were all for kids clothes. I took my clippers and clipped grass all around the property and flower beds. Then I went in as it got dark. I hard boiled as many eggs as would fit in my large pot. While that happened, I ironed fabric from the last trip to the market. Then I cooled and peeled as many of the eggs as would fit in the pickled egg jar. I saved 8 for Chris for breakfasts. I unstacked the dishwasher. Anna knocked on the door. She gave me two bags of lettuce – one was from her garden – and two cucumbers. She told me to feel free to pick her garden while she was gone. Then she left. I made a salad and ate it while finishing the long talk by Bruce. Then I looked at videos of how to make a scarf into a necklace. It got late and I should have blogged and gone to bed.

No comments: