Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Goodbye Chris, hello double massage

I had a rough night due to a burning sensation in my right leg. Yoga postures helped a little. Also, Chris smelled like deodorant, which was annoying. He got up at 3:30 to get ready for his trip. The taxi came at 4:30. I woke up at 6:30 hearing the rain. I did some mental programming until 7:30. I did not feel like getting up, but I did. I decided to have a coffee morning. I swished and drank water. I exercised and drybrushed and rebounded. I listened to audios. Then I got dressed and ran to the gym in the rain. Yoga had already started. When it was over, I headed home. Linda gave me a ride. I called Myra to see why she wasn’t in yoga. She was sick. She did not want to miss her massage appointment, so as a friend, I made the ultimate sacrifice and offered to take it in her stead so she could stay home and rest up. I took a shower and re-dressed. I walked to the Foot Store. I was able to communicate that my friend was sick so I was going to use both our appointments. As usual, the first thing was a foot soak. I brought some Epsom salts for that. Then the man took me to a room with a table. He indicated that I should lay face down. He gave me the shoulder massage that Myra wanted. Then he turned me over and I got the foot and calf massage that I wanted. It was a glorious two hours. The foot part did not hurt this time, but the right calf did. Then I got dressed and the man at the counter showed me the bill – 76,000 won. But when I gave it to him, he gave the 6,000 back as a discount. I set up another appt for next week. Then I walked to a nearby bank. I took a number and waited to exchange dollars for won – at a better exchange rate. But if I had known it would take half an hour, I would have gone elsewhere. Anyway, I then went to the everyday market and bought lettuce, lemons, and garlic. When I got back to post, I went directly to the commissary. Nela was working and she helped me pick a bag of soup bones. I had wanted ox-tail bones, but they were dated for 2014 with a sell by date of 2015. She reminded me that Zumba was at 5, fifteen minutes later. But I was too tired and hungry. I went home and put the bones in the crock pot. I sliced up some of the garlic, and our last onion – which was half rotten. I also threw in celery, carrot, and fresh parsley. I made myself a salad. I ate it while watching an episode of The Quilt Show. I ate some pistachios that were in the freezer which I thought were almonds. I did today’s puzzle. I melted cacao butter while running the dishwasher. I read about fog harvesting, and processed a bunch of e-mails. I made chocolate and poured it into molds. But it did not seem like much so I made another batch. When I poured it off, I ran out of molds. Then it was time to blog and go to bed.
* this shot is from the lantern parade on Saturday *

No comments: