Saturday, May 21, 2016

Hanging out with the guys

I got up about 5 minutes before the alarm went off. I went to my sewing room for some reason (I can’t remember now). Then I put on pants under my caftan to take out the food waste and water all the plants. I picked some strawberries, but most had been touched by the slugs. (Beer, gotta get some beer.) I came in and read e-mail until Chris skyped me. He was in Midlothian with Michele and my dad. I got to talk to all of them and it was really nice to see my dad again. I showed them the market bag I made yesterday. After the call, I threw laundry in the washer. I looked for fusible interfacing in my sewing room, but all I could find was regular interfacing and various sheets of wonder under. I used the oldest wonder under first. It was not very good. I threw in a second load of laundry. I managed to fuse interfacing to all the pieces of the bag I worked on last night. I found a bag of pistachios in the fridge and had to eat them because they were cracked open. I pulled clothes from the dryer, and ran the dishwasher. I made and ate breakfast while checking e-mail. I finished the bag, then took pics of it and showered. I got dressed. I unstacked the dishwasher and folded the clothes. I put most of them away by 4:30. Then I ran out of the house down to Myra’s place. She was watering her flowers and vegetables. After awhile, her husband came out. Then we got in their car. Scott drove around the base, then we went off. We drove to the nearest mountain and up part way. We parked and walked to a waterfall. Then we started walking up. It was steep, but not all that far. We passed through an arch with four ornate king statues. Then we walked past 12 stone statues representing the animal of the year. Then we passed a temple. Further up, we found a ‘gallery’ of stone statues, each one with a different expression, different hand position, different clothing, but all men. Some were kind of creepy. All had long ears. That was as far up as we could go. So we walked around enjoying the view and taking pictures. We walked back to the car and drove a little ways back. Then we got out and walked around there, seeing more modern statuary and underbrush, planted in rows. Then we got back in the car. I thought we were done, but Scott likes to drive around just to see where roads go. So that’s what we did and we saw cows and chickens and another temple. Then we drove back to the base. They let me off at my house. I browned an onion and added two packages of bison. When it was cooked, I ate while reading e-mail. It was not as good as the bison I have had in the states. I wondered if it was old. I put the rest in the fridge. I finished today’s puzzle. I looked up how to program subliminal messages to appear on my laptop. All I found was a video on how to make a movie of photos and text that goes so fast you can’t read it. But that’s a start. Then I listened to a meditation audio and downloaded the pics from my camera. And then it was time for bed.

No comments: