Friday, May 13, 2016

Shopping with Myra, part 2

I woke up early, really early, probably because of the daylight coming in the window. I stayed in bed a long time, trying to go back to sleep. Finally I looked at my watch and thought it said 7:45, so I got up to see why my alarm did not sound. The time was only 6:45. I took a shower and got dressed. I tried to make mayonnaise, but it was more like a mess. For some reason, it did not gel. The chemical reaction between the egg, lemon juice and oil, did not happen. I put it aside and melted some more coconut oil. But then I remembered that today was the last day for a sale at Jo-anns and I had a 50% off regular price coupon. But when I got to the site, the item was slightly on sale, so the coupon no longer applied. So I worked on a Swansons order since their sale was ending soon (but they have sales all the time). After submitting the order, it was time to go. Myra called as I was putting on my shoes. I walked down to her place and we went to the theatre for the community round up. We sat next to the fire chief and his wife. She was with him to receive the award for best yard for upper housing. We sat through the listing of activities on the 8 week calendar. Then I talked with the director of CYP while Myra waited to talk to the CSO. Finally I went home to try the mayo again. I made a second batch which turned out better. I scooped most of it into another container, leaving a couple tablespoons in the bottom of the blender cup. Then I put the bad batch in and blended until something happened. Pleasantly surprised, I added the now-recovered batch to the other one and they went into the fridge. Myra called to say she was on her way. I cleaned up a little in the kitchen until she knocked. I put on my shoes and grabbed my sack purse. I joined her and we picked up Sook. Since she had won the award for best yard, we got out of the car to see her flowers. She had them in the front, on the side and in the back. It did not hurt that she has been here for five years. Then Myra drove us to Home Plus and we walked to the five-day market. We had fun looking around, especially at flower and vegetable plants. Sook mostly bought food. Myra and I got plants and food to split. Then we went back to base. Myra took Sook home and Sook gave her a wheeled cart. Then she took me home and we split a bag of apples and one of tomatoes, leaving the lettuce plants for later. I made and ate breakfast while Myra walked out in town for her massage. I walked to the post office to get our mail. There were two packages. I put one in my sack purse. The other was so light that I opened it and took the one small item out and got rid of the box. There were no trash cans so I went in the commissar to find one. Nela and Kim were putting up decorations. They asked if Myra and I wanted to go to Daegu on Monday with them. I thought Myra had a previous commitment. I walked out to the massage place to meet Myra. The timing was perfect. She had just finished. We walked up the street and turned too late. But by chance, came across a lantern store. We looked around and went back. We went to Daiso to get a set of measuring cups, but there were only measured cups. No sets. I got a step stool and Myra got a hanging half basket. Then we went to various plant shops just to look. I got a yellow something and Myra got two fushias. I also got a hand basket like the ones in the commissary. We walked back to base, wondering if rain was imminent. I walked Myra home and then came home myself. I ate some broth for supper. Kelly came over for boxes. We had a nice chat. I sat outside wondering how to divide up the three kinds of lettuce when there were 27 of each. I came in and made a salad. I ate while reading e-mail. I found a webpage with 108 ways to boost your brain power. I watched two episodes of TQS while eating pistachios. What a mess! I cleaned it with a lick and a promise. I cleared a little more e-mail. I was tired so I blogged, got the food waste ready for tomorrow and went to bed early.

PF

No comments: