Tuesday, May 31, 2016

First day back

When Chris arrived about 10:30, he told me to send out an e-mail letting everyone know that he arrived safely. He unpacked and then showed me the items he got for me – measuring cups and grass shears. He also let me read his birthday cards, which were very thoughtfully picked out. Then we went to bed… Chris said he did not sleep well and he noticed me throwing off the covers. I don’t know if they’re hot flashes, or if the weather is just too hot for covers. I figured he’d be really tired after all the traveling, but he got up at 6 and went running. Then he came back sweaty and laid on the floor to recover. He was all amorous, too. So I was glad when he took a shower and ate breakfast. 7:15 must be a magical time because all of a sudden I felt like getting up. It seems to be a pattern lately. Chris asked me to make him a loaf of bread. The milk was still frozen so I used water for the liquid. He showed me where he planted the spaghetti squash by the house, saving the treeline plantings for later. I drank a quart of water while looking at fabric necklaces on Pinterest. Then I pulled myself away to check e-mail and respond. Later, I took a broom and walked the trail to clean it but someone had just cleaned it – coincidence? In fact when I got to the end, a blower was sitting there with about 10 feet to go. A man in a truck pulled up and put the blower in the back. I told him what a good job he did of cleaning the trail. (But why did he not finish it?) I walked home with my broom. I watered my plants and replanted two from a sunny spot to a shady spot. Kelly and her husband came by to get some boxes from their part of the duplex. I spoke to them for a bit, then finished watering. I got the grass shears that Chris brought me from the states and trimmed their yard. I went back to reading e-mail and following interesting links. I did today’s puzzle. Chris came home for lunch and brought me a box from Swansons. I made hummus, then unpacked the box. It had milk thistle seed and dandelion root, but they were not powdered. So I tried the coffee grinder and the Magic Bullet. The MB did not do a better job, but it held more and was hands-free. So I made almost a jarful of each and labeled them. I cleaned up and put the implements in the dishwasher. I made the first block of our new Quilt of Valor. I took it outside for a photoshoot. I posted it to the community Facebook page and to the QOV e-mail list plus a blurb about our meeting tomorrow. I cleared a few more e-mails. I re-worked the rod pocket on the bedroom curtain so it would cut out more light at the top. I sat on my sewing room floor to pick up bits of fabric and thread and I found a small dead centipede squished into the carpet. I am not sure how long it might have been there. I heard music, so I went outside. The Koreans play music (often band music) at 6pm. While I listened, I transplanted some sunflower seedlings and added dirt to a few other transplants. When I came in, I called Myra to see if she wanted to check on the CO’s plants with me. But she was having dinner. So I asked Chris. His dinner was cooling, so we walked up there together. He checked around the yard for thirsty plants while I watered them. The garden was ok, but the plants out front were dry. And then we walked back. Chris ate his dinner while I made a salad. We watched one episode of Castle and then he was tired. So we got ready for bed. He came into the bathroom to snuggle up behind me while I was brushing my teeth. But when he saw my teeth black with activated charcoal, he gave me a strange look and left. I laughed so hard. After I finished, we went to bed.

No comments: