Thursday, May 5, 2016

Making hummus

I had a hard time sleeping last night due to restless leg sensations. I woke up early because Chris had an early teleconference. But it got rescheduled and he went running instead. He came back and collapsed on the floor. When he climbed in bed, he kept me awake for awhile. I kind of went back to sleep after that, or just dozed. When I got up, it was almost 9. I tried to quickly get through deleting e-mail, and preparing for the sauna. I called ahead to ask them to turn it on. I filled three water bottles with hot salt water. When I got to the gym, I realized I had forgotten to bring underwear for later. I sat in the already warm sauna wearing my np3 headphones. It was playing meditation music, but the gym speakers were turned up and it messed up my meditation. After the sauna, I put my clothes on over my bathing suit and walked home. I took a shower, dressed, and went back to the gym for yoga. Class was already started, so I spread my mat by Myra and jumped in. Afterward, I went home with Myra for bowl to serve hummus in. Then I went home for breakfast and some audios. I made the first batch of hummus, careful not to lick my fingers etc. I put it in the bowl for tomorrow’s lemonade social. I used the blender attachment to my mixer thinking it would be faster since my little mixer is only supposed to run 30 seconds out of every 3 minutes. But straining the seeds from the lemon juice was a big hold up. Myra came over just as I was finishing up. She brought me a map of Seomun market in Dae0gu. I made a second batch of hummus for me, and stored it in the fridge in a glass jar. I ate the rest of the chocolate/avocado mousse with blueberries. Ana knocked on the door. She brought me parsley and lettuce she had grown. I pulled up some mint for her to plant. After she left, I sliced up the lemon peels and blended them up with lots of water. I poured it along the edge of the strawberry bed. I picked all the partially pick strawberries and brought them in to ripen. Most had been nibbled on by bugs. I got out the fish quilt and carefully pinned the biased edge borders to it. I sewed on all four, including squares in the corners. But the triangles did not meet correctly at the corner. I picked out stitches and re-stitched. Chris came home as I worked. Myra called to talk about a situation. Then Chris was ready to watch TV. I left the corner unfinished. We watched the last episode of Castle on the DVD, then two episodes of CSI. Chris looked up something from Castle and then went to bed. I stayed up to tap and blog, then went to bed.
* This is a pic of the flowers for sale in the market *

No comments: