Wednesday, May 18, 2016

PJ party

I woke up several times during the very early morning. Once I thought I heard footsteps in the hallway and it was scary. I heard the alarm go off and stayed in bed until I remembered the recyclables had to be out by 8. So I got up and looked for something to throw on quickly. Anna called to ask if I wanted to go to Daegu today. I told her I had QOV class today and she thought I should cancel it. (That never sits well with me.) I declined. She said she would take pics of fabric and send them to me in case I wanted something. That was sweet. After the call, I pulled on a top and pants and took out the recycling. I filled my drinking vessel with water and noticed a can that should have gone out. So I ran out to the street to add it. Kelly noticed me and came out to talk. Her dog came out too, looking for some affection from me. We were having a nice chat when her husband came back from PT. I was a little uncomfortable not having a bra on. Hopefully no one noticed. I feel like I live in a fishbowl. After the conversation, I watered the flowers and sprinkled some diatomaceous earth on the strawberries. I came in to drink vinegar water and check e-mail. I noticed the card that came in the mail yesterday. It was an interesting Mother’s Day card. As I read it, I assumed it was from Michele (although that would be unusual). But at the end, it was signed by my Dad. Then I noticed the telltale signs – special stamps, careful lettering, a card that starts out “I couldn’t decide…” Dad, if you are reading this, I want you to know I liked it.
I listened to some audios, but paused one to get ready for class. I ironed some fabrics intended for the backing of the fish quilt. I put on real clothes. I called Myra to tell her I was coming. I put my sewing bin on the cart and wheeled it to our car. Then I drove to Myra’s place. She put her machine and stuff in the car and we went to the chapel. There was no place to park so we parked by the clinic. We unloaded and set up in the Sunday school room. I got the stuff stored in the closet. Myra and I debated which fabrics to use for the backing and how to put them together. There was not enough of any one of them to do the whole thing. Eventually we came up with a plan. Myra sewed a deeper seam on one side of the quilt to cover the spots where the background fabric was short. I cut pieces of blue and used them to frame a fish fabric that we found in the market on Monday. Lily came to finish her project and then left. Nela came to tell Myra about the bus to Busan and she left. But people started a meeting in the chapel and we did not want to disturb them by packing up and carrying all our stuff out. So we stayed for an extra hour and finished the backing (except for trimming and pressing). I dropped Myra at home and then went home to have breakfast. I thought I would iron fabric, but I ended up just reading e-mail. I crushed some garlic and let it sit while I got ready for sewing class. And I forgot about it. I ironed some fabric and threw it in the car. I went to pick up Myra but she wanted to drive her own car. So she followed me to class. We set up and wondered where everyone was. They drifted in. Myra helped one lady make an apron, doing most of the work for her. Others brought projects and just used our machines. Myra went home for extra supplies. At 8:30 I called time. Everyone chipped in to pack up and we were out in 10 minutes. I drove home, and ate my garlic with hummus. I also swallowed my supplements. I got a jacket and walked down to Kathy’s house. She was having another PJ party. She was still putting the kids to bed when I arrived. But others eventually came and we had a table full. Kemora was the last to come. And she had the best stories. I could have listened all night, but I promised myself that I would not stay out too late. I tried to sneak out but Kemora insisted on driving me and she had more story to tell before she left. Others also took the chance to leave, so I felt like I broke up the party. Kemora dropped me off at home. I posted to my blog and went to bed.

No comments: