Wednesday, May 25, 2016

We have a new convert

I woke up at 6:45. I did 15 minutes of mental programming and then got up. I put out the recyclables. I transferred the sewing stuff from the bin to a basket that would be easier to carry. I rolled up the extension cords into toilet paper tubes to help balance the basket on top of the sewing machine. Then I turned on the laptop and played an audio while deleting e-mail. I worked on a Swansons order, wondering if I even got the last one. Myra called to talk about sewing class. She decided to cancel it because of a financial presentation being given in the same room. We also talked about Nela inviting us to go with them to Daegu again tomorrow. She agreed to pick me up at 10:50 for class. I scrapped the Swansons order because I did not have enough to make the minimum for free shipping. I did some watering, mostly plants so close to the house that the rain might not have reached them. The porch was littered with dead slugs. I guess the birds didn’t want salty slugs. I got dressed in a nicer outfit. I stacked my machine and basket on the rolling cart and headed out. Myra drove up just as I got out. We put the stuff in her car and got the iron, spare machine and box of fabric from Chris’ car. When we got to the chapel, we had a hard time finding parking. We parked behind some parked cars and unloaded. But rolling the cart up the hill, the contents overturned. It happened again at the door. How much can my machine take? The lady at the desk helped me carry stuff in while Myra went back for more. The lady took us to the other classroom because our usual room was taken by another group. I was glad we did not have stuff in the storage room because access was blocked. Several people who don’t usually come, came to Quilts of Valor because I put out the word that other sewing efforts were welcome, too. Anna came to help and I set her to cutting strips. But then her husband called to tell her to come home and cook lunch. So she left. I cut the rest of the strips myself. Myra set up one machine and So Young used it to make a bag. She was so thrilled and it was her first time sewing. I took a pic because such a moment may never come again. She did not finish her bag before she and her friend had to leave. Danielle came and finished her hot mitt. Then Anna came back and cut more strips. We went way over time and finally I said I needed to go home and have lunch. So we packed up and Myra stopped at the post office. I checked and all I found was a birthday card for Chris, ironically from Virginia. Myra had to mail a pair of glasses and that took a while. Then she took me home. I brought in everything but the machine. I made and ate breakfast. I read e-mail and looked at dress and quilt patterns online. Anna had wanted to see a pic of the new quilt I had in mind, but I could not find the pic I had seen. I got interested in dress designs. I pulled my red dress out of the closet to trace around it. But then I got sidetracked looking at cowl neck designs and found one in my collection which I thought might work with a top I already had. But I went back to the dress and traced the back on paper. I called Myra to find out if we were cleaning for Kristen tonight but it turned out to be tomorrow night. Then the CSO posted that the Friday meeting would be moved to tomorrow the 25th at 3. But tomorrow is the 26th so I was confused. I went outside to collect some dandelion for supper. I also trimmed grass around the edges of the lawn. Then I made a salad for supper. I checked e-mail again and listened to an audio. I did the Thursday puzzle while repeatedly blowing my nose to dislodge a piece of dandelion that was stuck in my sinuses. I did some tapping and cleared more e-mail. Chris skyped with me for a while. Then I did a meditation and posted to my blog. I may go directly to bed or I might check on the slugs first.

No comments: