Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Walking in the rain for a massage

I did some mental programming and got up at 7:15. I got dressed and took out the food waste. Leaving the food waste pail in the foyer at night really helps me remember to take it out first thing. It looked like rain coming, so I put the plates of lettuce out on the sidewalk. The one with coffee had slugs trails on it. I swished and cleaned some sticky spots on a window. I wondered what it could have been. I microwaved and crushed a bowl of egg shells in preparation for the flower beds. I turned on my laptop and brushed my teeth. I did all the things that go with a coffee morning. I was late for yoga but class hadn’t really started yet. I guess it was no surprise that it went late. It was a rainy day and only Myra and I came. We had massages scheduled in town at 2 and 3, but the front gate was closed from 1 to 3 for training. So we either had to leave before 1 or walk out the back gate. We opted for the latter. I took a shower and ate breakfast. Then I picked up Myra in Chris’ car. We parked at Duffy’s to get cash from the ATM. Then I planned on parking at Transportation but there were no empty spaces. I tried Chris’ office but no space there either. We parked at Turtle Cove. The CO came by and offered us a ride, but he wasn’t going off base. We walked out the back gate onto the ROK base and from there we walked to the massage place. The young clerk had handwritten notes explaining that our masseuse was leaving at 3 so one of us had to get a different person or come back later. Myra opted for a Ms. Cho. We were given the usual hot water foot soak, then taken back to the same room. She got the upper body massage and I got the foot massage. When it was over, we paid and I made an appointment for next week. Then we went across the street to investigate a building that we were told had a dentist. We did not find one there, but next door. They said no English, but I was able to get an appointment for Friday for teeth cleaning. Then we walked quickly back to base, in the front gate this time. The security guard greeted me as a Hokie and I remembered that I was wearing a VT shirt from the thrift shop. Myra went home but I was able to get to the post office just before they closed. I got mail but there were no packages. I hope the packages get here before the post office closes for 4 days. I got the car and drove home. I washed fabric and checked e-mail. I cleaned in the kitchen. I made up the next round of supplements. I made a salad for supper. I looked at dresses on Weallsew.com. A lot of them looked like they were made by beginners. But I found some interesting ones. I closed my laptop and went to my sewing room. I pressed the newly washed fabrics. There was one that could not be ironed because of the texture. I found myself making a large nylon bag for the market as a backup. Then I went to post to my blog but got sidetracked on Swansons. Then I remembered to check outside and saw slugs in my lettuce. I dropped pennies on them because I heard they don’t like copper. But nothing happened. So I flicked them off and as’salt’ed them. They were also crawling up the wall. So I put salt water in a spray bottle and let them have it. I wondered if Epsom salts would be effective (and cheaper). Then I sat down again to write my blog.
* Here are some dresses we saw at the fabric market in Busan *

No comments: