Friday, May 6, 2016

Lemonade Social

I had another bad night due to sensations in my left leg. Chris got up early for a teleconference. I could hear the voices a little bit. When the first rays of daylight hit, the sensations stopped. I slept in till 8. I got up to drink quart of water, listen to an audio, and clear e-mail. I also dustmopped in the living areas, and did today’s puzzle. I exercised and took three packets of Vit C. I placed a Swansons order. I read e-mail and listened to audios until it was time to leave. I washed up and got dressed, a little nicer than usual. I put on my purple blossom earrings. I put the dish of hummus in my bag. I had a check ready to mail, but Chris must have taken it to work and mailed it. I walked down to Housing. The housing people were not there, but Kelly was getting food ready in the kitchen. I helped her a little. More ladies came in, carrying food. The tables were nicely decorated with azalea flowers in vases. Even the vases were decorated. The four door prizes were placed on the windowsill. One was in a nice box, another in a mixing bowl, one in a bucket and one in the bag I embroidered with a lemon. We were directed to take numbers from a basket. The event was well attended. Joelle came but had to leave just before noon. So she was encouraged to go first in line for food. Then everyone else picked up plates and went through the buffet. While we were eating, Myra indicated a few people that she invited to explain who they were and what they did on base so the new people would know. It was difficult to hear with the level of noise from all the kids. School was having a day off – as they often do. I don’t know why. Then a roll of toilet paper was passed around and each person directed to take as many squares as they wanted. I chose one, thinking the rule would turn out to be that each person had to tell as much about themselves as they had squares. But that did not work out. Kelly went around the long set of tables, having each person say something about themselves. I had trouble hearing the ladies at the other end. We went around again. Then she asked everyone to introduce themselves. After that, people started packing up their food. Two guys in uniforms came to get food to take back to their units. Nela had to leave so Myra packed up her food: potato salad and flan. When Myra needed a box to pack up the flowers, I took my hummus home and brought back an empty box. The flower vases fit nicely. I hung around, hoping there was something I could do, but there really wasn’t. Eventually, we were down to four and we loaded stuff in Myra’s car and swept out the floors. I walked home. Chaun had said how much she liked the hummus, so I carried it down to her. When I came back, I read e-mail and listened to audios. I looked up Sudarshan Kriya – a yoga type of breathing. It did not seem so relaxing to me. I heard about cows being genetically engineered to give milk even while they are pregnant. That means their milk and milk products are really high in estrogen. Another reason not to eat dairy. I got to a good stopping place in e-mail and was looking for an audio to play while sewing, and Chris came home. I told him about my day and he told me a little about his. He told me he was leaving next week. He changed clothes and made his supper. I took out stitches in two corners of the quilt top, and resewed them. Then I pressed the borders out, wondering if the bias border made fitting the triangles to the corners easier or harder. Then I left it there and came out to jot notes for my blog. I listened to an audio and then Chris washed some strawberries and sat down to cue up CSI. I joined him and we watched three episodes. He went to bed, but I stayed up to finish my blog post.

No comments: