Monday, May 23, 2016

Shopping in Busan-Jin market

Ok, so I did not go straight to bed after blogging last night. I should have. Instead, I checked e-mail one last time and a neighbor posted on Facebook that a centipede fell from the AC vent on the ceiling and landed on the bed, biting her daughter. I looked up how to get rid of centipedes. But nothing I read made me feel safe enough to go to bed since there is a ceiling vent directly over my bed. Ugh. I redressed the bed so that my feet were under the vent instead of my head, and I went to sleep.
I got up before the alarm, checked e-mail quickly, and watered all the plants. I talked to Kelly whose baby found a centipede in her bed. I shortened the straps on my market bag. I ate some seed crackers and put shea butter around my ear. I grabbed my bag and backpack and headed to the commissary to meet the girls. But they met me on the way and picked me up in the van. We stopped at the ATM so I could get cash, then we went out the gate and picked up Sue. Kim drove us to Busan, where we found the Jin market but had a harder time finding parking. We walked quite a ways and found out we walked the wrong way, so we went all the way back to the parking lot and turned left and the market wasn’t far. We encountered a store at street level where we bought fusible interfacing. Then we went into the market building. There were five of us and we did not always stay together. At various places I bought a green to match a shirt I recently got that really looked good on me. I also found lace in that color. I bought minki as well, both for a class I want to do and one just because I liked it so much. We also found the quilting fabric booth, but he did not have much that I haven’t had the chance to buy before. We ran into jersey knits and I bought a few of those. I had my big market bag and a backpack, but it wasn’t enough. Eventually I had so much that the other ladies helped me carry it. Then we strolled around outside looking for a place to eat. We found another building with fabric. It was nicer but more expensive. Still, Kim could not find the fabric she was trying to match. Then Kim and Myra went to a bread cafĂ© for lunch while Sue, Nela and I ate Korean food. The lady at the restaurant sent out for kimbap for me. When the three of us finished, we went to find Kim and Myra. We went back to the first place to get thread and zippers. Myra got some fusible too. We went back to the parking deck and paid the $2/hour fee to get out. Then we were on our way back to Chinhae. We let Sue off at the gate and Kim took the rest of us home. I dumped my stuff on the floor and drank water. Then I mowed the lawn and trimmed it. I sprinkled coffee grounds in the strawberry bed to discourage slugs. I made and ate breakfast and read e-mail. I did today’s puzzle. I unpacked all my purchases. I put away those that won’t be washed. I zig-zagged the edges of those most likely to ravel badly. I put the fabrics in two piles. I listened to audios as I worked on the desktop. I e-mailed Kemora pics of kaleidoscopes that I made of her hat. Then I played around with kaleidoscoping other pics I have taken recently. When I noticed the time (after 11) I blogged, drank my fiber drink and went to bed.
* This is the sculpted minki that I just had to buy, even though I have nothing to go with it *

No comments: