Thursday, June 30, 2016

How do you oil a camera?

I heard my alarm go off, already awake but not by much. I must have slept well because I don’t remember waking up in the middle of the night. I got up before 8. I drank a quart of water and looked at Swanson’s latest sale. I cleared e-mail and started reading the rest. One article suggested oregano oil for itchy patches of skin, so I put a few drops in the jojoba oil that spilled onto the bag and rubbed that into the skin above my ear. I rubbed the rest of the oil on my feet and then threw the bag out. I did today’s puzzle. I got my unread e-mail down to the 50’s. No summits this week really cuts down on the time at my laptop. I worked on the copy of my red dress. The fabric was extra wide so there was a chance of using a double fold and saving lots of fabric. It took extra time and it was really close, but I made it work. I had to turn all the pieces upside down, which meant I had to cut out the paper pattern first. There must have been another way. Then I fused interfacing to the facing pieces. I made and ate breakfast. Chris came home with two packages from Swansons, but they were from the same order. I took a shower and got dressed. I watched part of a video on charisma. I put Epsom salts in a container, walked to massage place, and handed over the salts. He put them in the foot soak while I changed into massage clothes. After I soaked my feet and relaxed, Mr. Kim gave me a lower body massage. I paid, and set up an appointment for next week. As usual, I had to guess what kind of massage I will want. I went to the market, and found a new fanny pack. The zipper broke on mine and now that it was full of oil, it is time to replace it. I figure I got my money’s worth since I bought it on a yardsale over 10 years ago. Then I went to Daiso to look for the hat Nela wants, but it hadn’t been restocked yet. I ended up buying elastic and dressmaker scissors. I wandered through the market. I noticed numerous booths with sewing machines and got to thinking that some of these ladies might make clothing to order. Then I walked home, past a man playing saxophone. I took a surreptitious pic, but my camera screen was so dark I don’t think it came out. I had a bite to eat at home. I emptied the old fanny pack and filled the new one. My camera was oily from being in the pack, and now it looks like a giant thumb print is on the screen, but it must be on the inside. I resumed work on the dress. I got out the serger to serge the edges of the facings, then I sewed them together at the shoulders. I drew and sewed the darts in the front. I had more trouble replicating the darts in the back because they were longitudinal and did not intersect with the edges of the fabric. I sewed the front to the back at the shoulders, then sewed on the facing around the neckline. I understitched it, but could not find pinking shears to trim. Chris was home and finished supper so I thought I had better eat so we could watch TV. I made a salad. Then we saw several episodes of Bones. Chris made a work-related call to the states and then went to bed. I stayed up to blog and clear e-mail again. I spent way too much time trying to find a Facebook post I meant to respond to. So I sent an e-mail. Then I posted to my blog and went to bed.
* I guess the pic is better than it looks on-screen. *

No comments: