Thursday, November 10, 2016

Empress massage

I turned the heat off last night so the room would be quiet. I still had a hard time getting to sleep. So it wasn't surprising that I did not wake up until 9:30. I did the usual: drank water and read e-mail. And the less usual: exercised, drybrushed, and rebounded. I worked a Sudoku puzzle (which I could not finish because something went wrong) and did yoga stretches for tight hip flexors. I put away the box of supplements by combining the remnants of the old bottles with the new ones. The curtain on a rod fell down and I wedged it back in place. I took a shower and got dressed. Myra called to talk about renting a bus to go to the fabric market, and to invite me to the comdedian show this evening. But when she reminded me that it was adult content, I declined. But then I had to run. I hung up with Myra. I threw on a coat and grabbed my umbrella. I walked quickly in rain to the massage place. As I sat there, soaking my feet, he offered me an upgrade from the 80 minute oil massage to 150 minutes Empress massage. It was the same lady as last week. It was going to be a long one for her. I brought apricot kernel oil for her to use. I liked the way she massaged my stomach and my feet. When she was done, I thanked her. As I paid at the front desk, I asked how his baby was doing. The clerk showed me a picture. Cute baby. I handed over my frequent massage card. He stamped the last two spots and told me next week would be free. From there, I walked to the jewelry shop. I handed him my watch and he replaced the band. Then I walked through the market. I saw pomegranates, but bought apples. I walked home, my feet cold and wet. Chris called while I was between the main gatehouse and the visitor center. No electronics are allowed in the area, so I let it ring. When I got past the gate house, I called him back. We talked all the way home and into the bathroom. Then we hung up. I ate carrots while I read e-mail. I made and ate breakfast and re-worked the Sudoku puzzle. I did internet searches to fix the tinny audio on Windows 10 but discovered I don't have the tab for the solution given. Maybe there is something old about the version of Windows 10 on this new laptop. I watched three episodes of Scrubs while holding a hot rice-filled sock on my right hand. I wrote my blog post so I would be done before Chris came home.
* This is a pic from the coffee shop last Friday. *

No comments: