Wednesday, November 2, 2016

My goat is cooked

I heard Chris get up for an early morning call, but I went back to sleep. Then I woke up again while he was showering. After he left for work, I got up. I drank the last two cups of water. I refilled the water pitchers. I sat down with two more cups of water and checked e-mail. I sent my tapping buddy a text to see if we were working together today. He said no, not for awhile. I wrote him a recommendation for his website and sent that. The sun was shining and I wanted to water the plants, but it was so cold outside. Chris had taken the recyclables out when he left. But I could see the magpies pecking the bags open. I went out to scare them away. I had to pick up trash that had blown around and re-bag my paper stuff. I came in to get warm. I ate seed crackers with hummus to use up the rest of the hummus. I also ate an apple. I looked for Christmas fabrics for class. I found some batting and threw it on the pile. I tried to call Myra but my phone was dead. I plugged it in to recharge. I cut some fabric to take to class. I washed up and changed clothes. I ran to sewing class. Several ladies were there, but Myra was not. Fortunately they had set up the room. Soon Myra came in. One lady worked on a simple potholder while others worked on the folded star potholder. They were all cutting at the same time so we ran out of rulers. Anna worked on a dress from the 50's. I wasn't sure how to help her. When someone needed an iron, I realized it was at home, so I ran home to get it. Chris was there. He told me that nothing came in the mail today. We discussed meat for supper and he put the goat leg in the oven even though it wasn't thawed out yet. I took the iron and ran back, forgetting to grab my phone, too. Some of the ladies stayed late so we did, too. I stopped at the Housing desk to ask about the blower in the heater in the bedroom. It was two by the time I got home. I could smell the goat meat cooking. I made and ate breakfast. I added another can of coconut milk to my probiotic brew. But it had solidified on the top and came out with a splattery thunk. There was coconut milk all over the floor, dishwasher, and countertop. I cleaned it up before eating breakfast. I adjusted the heater in the bedroom so the blower would stay on low all night. I fell asleep listening to an interview. When I woke up, I cleared the kitchen sink and ate lettuce. I put the spinach in water to perk up. I tried to catch up on Sudoku. I meditated, then did more Sudoku. I listened to an interview on migraines. I had a niacin flush and a hot flash at the same time. Chris came home just as I ran to sewing class. Myra and the two Korean ladies were there. Three other people came at various times. Stacy worked on her pumpkin. Suzanne and Hai Wha worked on the star potholder. Hai Wha's friend made a stuffed Christmas tree. I made a ironing pad for the iron that Mari donated. By the time we cleaned up, it was after 9. When I got home, Chris took the goat out of the oven. I cut off a leg bone. It was a good time to be a carnivore. We watched an episode of House. I finished today's Sudoku puzzle, blogged and went to bed.
* She is holding up her folded star potholder *

No comments: