Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Unusual advice

Last night, I drank the tea and it got rid of the rumbling in my stomach. I laid on the couch to listen to a BWE CD. When it was over, I went to bed.
I am not sure when I woke up, but when I got up, it was 8:40: too late to put out the food waste. I swept the floors, and re-heated what was left of the tea. I took three packets of vit C. Atfer 15 minutes, I ate a handful of nuts. I put a curtain rod in the window at half height and draped the curtain over it. That let the sun come through the top part but I had privacy on the bottom part. I put oil on my hair and covered it with a shower cap. I looked into chlorella online trying to find one not from China. I found some other things I needed and placed a Swansons order. I heard about face yoga listening to an interview while exercising and trying out puff-its for support under my thighs. I jotted notes for my blog. I blew up an exercise ball with the hand pump. I took a shower, and washed the oil out of my hair but the red mark from the shower cap was still on my forehead. I put four puff-its in my bag. I combed my hair and walked out to the gate where I ran into Denee who invited me to her bible study. Then I walked to the bus stop. While waiting, I was approached by two Korean ladies talking about God-the-mother, like it was all one word. They wanted to talk but I had to watch for the bus. I was going to wait for bus 305, but just then bus 317 arrived, which was the same bus I took last week. Last week I got off one stop too late. This week I got off one stop too early. Not that it mattered, because I was still 15 minutes early when I arrived. There were several beds open so they took me immediately. I enjoyed the leg massaging cuffs, but as usual, they felt like they were creeping downward and falling off. Then the nurse came to remove the cuffs and take the heating pad. I sat up and took a pic of the sheet she laid down. It had all the dates on it, with writing just after. But as I clicked, the doctor came in and got in the way of the shot, so I had to take another one. He took a lot more time with me today. He had me stand up. He had me lay on my stomach. He put needles in my spine, and then took them out. I rolled over and he put needles in my stomach, shin, arm and head. He also put one in my neck, but then removed it. I asked him to type the word from last week into my phone. I had it set to text me. He thought it was a translation app. He asked me if I would like a rice cake. I said I did not eat them. He asked what I ate. I replied nuts and berries, seaweed and vegetables. He had more to say, so I called Jane, but she did not answer. Same with Suzanne. Then I called Sue. They talked and then she told me he said I did not have enough starch in my diet. But that if I ate some now, I would crave it. So he would try to treat me without it. After I thanked Sue and hung up, he started talking about fats and proteins creating energy and uric acid. I was not sure if he was telling me I ate too much of them or what. After he left, Jane called. I thanked her but said the doctor was gone. Later the nurse came to take out the needles. After I got myself together and went to pay, she spotted another one in my neck. I guess he put it back. After I paid and scheduled next week's visit, the secretary gave me a rice cake. Maybe it was 'rice cake' day. I slipped it in my bag and traded the slippers for my shoes. Then, on the walk to the bus stop, I decided to eat two bites of it. I did not crave it, but it was tasty. I waited about 20 minutes for the bus. On the way back, the bus stopped and an old lady tried to get off. But the door closed early. She made it off, but the door was imprisoning her arm, and the bus started rolling. She gave the driver a full paragraph in amimated language. He opened the front door and said something conciliatory. I could hear the whole bus talking about it. The rest of the trip was uneventful. I discovered I had a scrape on my arm, but could not think how it happened. I got off the bus in front of the base. I checked in at the gate and walked up. I decided to stop at the gym to check my weight. I called Myra but she was busy. At the gym, the scale said 143, which means I only have one more pound to lose to meet our goal of 5 pounds by Thanksgiving. When I got home, I juiced two cucumbers and two peppers. I also took half of my supplements and ate a tomato. After not eating yesterday, it felt good. I jotted notes for my blog.
I read some e-mail. I headed to the post office. Kelly was driving up the hill and stopped to talk. Then, when I had continued, I saw Anna and Lily at the playground, so I stopped to say Hello. But then I did get to the post office. There were two packages and some bills. On the way back, I called Myra. She wanted to walk off base to get tomatoes. I went home to drop off my packages and saw that I had two tomatoes. So I took them to her place. We talked as I watched her sew a dress for the talent show. Her husband came home. He had a list of all the places they could go next. He made Guantamo sound really good. I made a mental note to ask Chris if there were any jobs there. Finally I came home. I ate some seed crackers. I scrubbed my juicer. I heated a bowl of onion soup in the toaster oven. I went to my sewing room to make a sample for tomorrow. But I noticed the fish quilt and just wanted to check the label. There wasn't one. I looked all over for it, but had no luck. Maybe it is with the class materials in Housing? I plugged my old laptop into the router but was unable to get online. I wasn't sure if it couldn't do that, or if I just did not know how under Ubuntu. The soup was hot, so I threw in some of the vegetable solids and ate it. MMMMM. I ate the rest of the rice cake. I finished yesterday's Sudoku puzzle. I forced myself away from the next audio to work on the sample: a placemat in fall colors. First I had to locate some batting in the right size. I cut several pieces. Then I figured a paper backing would help stabilize it until it was turned. Then I had to choose a focus fabric and some fabrics to go with it. But choosing colors is hard without daylight. I cut strips from the ones I selected. I tried laying them out but without daylight it was hard to tell if I liked the result or not. Finally I gave up. I selected a pic from years ago and posted that with the weekly class announcement on the community Facebook page. I boiled water to soak nuts for tomorrow. I put away the juicer. I looked at sewing projects on Pinterest. I watched two episodes of Scrubs. Chris skyped me. At first I had trouble hearing him because the headphones were plugged in. When I put them on, I could hear the CD from last night still playing in an infinite loop. I shut it off. Then we talked for a little bit. He said there are no positions at his level in Guantanimo. Now it is time for bed. I think I will listen to another CD.
* This is seaweed at the market. I thought it would make a nice wreath. *

No comments: