Friday, November 4, 2016

Finally made it to Lotte Mart

When I got up and saw the sun shining, I got dressed and went out to water the plants. Then I came in, and ate some goat and some nuts. Then I sat on the couch where the sun came in the window, and read e-mail. At 11:15 I called Myra to see if I could borrow her yoga blocks. She said yes and she was ready to come with me. So I put on loose clothing and walked down to her place. I did not need a coat but I had a wrap in my bag. I put her blocks in my bag. Then we walked off base to the bus station. The bus arrived about 11:50, and dropped us off at the top of the hill around noon. We had half an hour before my appointment, so we wandered down the street. We saw a temple that I had never noticed before on any of the market days. Then at 12:30, I walked into the acupuncturist building. I was immediately taken to lie down on a heating pad with air pressure cuffs on my legs. The beds were set up in pairs, separated by a wall, but surrounded by a curtain on a track. There was no place for a friend to sit. The curtain was pulled shut and I enjoyed the leg massage. I had the yoga blocks under my thighs to support my back. When the machine shut off, the nurse removed the cuffs and the heating pad. I could hear the doctor talking to the patient in the next bed. Then he came to me, pushing his cart of needles and stuff. He picked up the paper that the nurse left on my bed. I am guessing it was a patient history form. He touched my head, my feet. He made figure 4's with each leg, several times. He put needles in my leg on the stomach meridian. He said it was the same at the large intestine meridian. He put needles in my stomach, one in my right arm and one below my right ear. Then he put one in the top of my head. He said lymph is very important for me. He told me my second omentum wasn't working. And he said to eat small meals through out the day, and no large meals. Since his English was limited, I don't know if he meant exactly what he said. I made a mental note to look up 'omentum'. He left me feeling like a pincushion. Since there was a needle in my right arm, I took pics with my left hand. After about 15 minutes, the nure came and removed the needles. She said something, but I don't know if she told me to leave now or to rest for awhile. Anyway, I got up, collected my stuff, put the blocks back in my bag. I went to the counter and she wrote 17,900 on a piece of paper. Less than $18! I paid and asked for another appointment. I pointed to next Friday. She had a sheet for that day but it was hard to tell whether she was pointing to 12 or 12:30. I said 'same time as today?' and she nodded. I am not sure we were communicating but I accepted it. I called Myra and went outside to wait for her. She took me to a second hand shop where she saw sheer curtains. They were embroidered. I paid $13 for the set. We looked at clothing which was mostly $5, but since tops were not on my list of stuff I need, I did not get any. We walked to a coffee shop which was filled with Korean pottery and some lovely framed art. The pictures were created with dried flowers and bark and herbs, etc. Really unique but not for sale. Then we walked to Lotte Mart. It wasn't as far as we thought. We looked around, found a bathroom and then had lunch - Myra's treat. Kimbap and soup for 2 for $5. Gotta love the prices here. We looked around the other floors and then walked back the way we came. We found a bus stop and got a ride back to base. I was tired from the acupuncture. I read e-mail until I fell asleep. When I woke up, it was dark. I made a salad for supper, but just then Chris called, asking me to meet him at the theatre for the magician/comedian. I grabbed a few bites of salad and put my coat on. I walked to the theatre. Chris was already there. We sat midsection for the show. Never sit up front for a magic show! Those who 'volunteered' to help with tricks were good sports. Especially Denee, who had to reach in a frozen chicken's butt to get an egg to get her $20 bill back. It was cold walking home. I made and ate breakfast. I checked e-mail. We watched two episodes of House. I spent far too long trying to look up actors who seemed familiar. Then I checked e-mail one last time and went to bed.
* That is a pretty good shot - considering I could not see it when I took it. *

No comments: