Sunday, November 27, 2016

Our first eggplant of the season

I listened to a Holosync CD in bed last night. It almost put me to sleep. When I did sleep, I slept pretty well. I heard Chris get up after my alarm went off. I got up after Chris left for church. I noticed I had my normal hair back (after several nights of brushing it constantly while watching TV). Yea! I listened to an audio while I did my exercises and stretches. I paused it while I took my shower and got dressed. I put away my laundry, then finished the audio and ate some seed crackers. Chris came home so he could drive me to the chapel. Jane was not there, so I sat alone. After the singing and communion, the chaplain talked about the advent wreath. But there was no greenery on it, only the 5 candles. His sermon was about the candle of hope. After the service, I asked him if he was going to do a Christmas sing-along and he said yes, just before the Christmas eve service. Chris came by to pick me up. We went home to change clothes. I ate a turkey leg. I think eating meat is contributing to the hot flashes, but I don't care. It tasted so good. Then we went to the commissary for groceries. We got coconut flakes because they did not have any coconut flour. When we got home, I looked up how to make coconut flour. I soaked a cup of coconut flakes in water for several hours. I broke down boxes for recycling and popped all the plastic puff-its. We walked the trail, sweeping off leaves as we went. When we got back, I watched a video presentation from a brain summit. I blended the coconut flakes and water with a hand blender. It kept overheating, so I sent the timer for 6 minutes. Every six minutes I blended for 30 seconds to a minute. I finished another video presentation that way. I put the mixture through a sprout bag (almost as good as having a nut/milk bag). But the pieces were still too large. Finally I tried the Magic Bullet. It did not have the volume of the hand mixer, but it did the job with less water. I should have tried it hours ago. I squeezed out the milk and added it to the jar of fermented coconut milk. Then I spread the remaining pieces on a baking tray and popped it in the oven at 170 for 4 hours. I cut up a pineapple and ate half. Chris sliced and fried our first eggplant. He also fried some onion rings after that. I practiced Christmas music on my trombone. I jotted notes for my blog on my new laptop. I had been using my old laptop all day, but it doesn't have blue light blocking software on it any more. The sound on the old laptop is better quality but so soft, even turned all the way up. Is it Ubuntu or VLC media player? We watched two episodes of The Last Kingdom. Then I posted to my blog and we went to bed.

No comments: