Wednesday, November 16, 2016

The quilt is labeled!

Last night I changed the setting from continuous play on the computer before playing the CD. I laid on the couch, listening, until it was over. As I got up, I heard the opening statements reply. So I punched the 'eject' button and went to bed. I had a hard time falling asleep, but eventually...
I heard the alarm ring at 7:30. I did not get up until 8. I didn't think it was too late to put the recyclables out, but they weren't ready and I wasn't dressed. I made a to-do list to keep myself from being distracted by e-mail. I meditated because that is when I best remember what I should be doing. I knocked out several right away. I drank water and checked my e-mail for an audio. I found a video on preparing healthy foods. As it played, I exercised, made and ate breakfast, and worked on a Sudoku puzzle. I paused the video as I selected more fabric to cut strips from. I cut strips and arranged them on my placemat sample. I sewed the first two seams. Then I rolled everything up and put it in a bag. I found the label for the quilt. I took the quilt, label and strips to class. Chantel was waiting for me.
We opened the windows. I almost lost a screen, trying to let the bugs out. We sat and talked while she nursed her baby. Then others came. Denee showed pics she had taken at the market of items we could not identify. Chantal was able to read the signs and tell what they were. I don't remember now how the conversation went, but the take-aways were: Asian women don't get hot flashes because they eat soy products. Kumi said Korean Red Ginseng was good for every problem, even hot flashes. She gave me a piece of Korean red ginseng sugar-free candy. I muscle-tested strong to it, so I ate it, saving the label. Denee said she showed the project pic to a lady in the bank who knew the lady in the photo was MaryAnn. That was a long time ago. I worked on getting the label sewed onto the quilt while answering questions and rethreading machines. Then I pinned strips to the placemat batting and stabilizer. We left about 2. I ate a pomegranate and cashews with butter. I finished the video and jotted notes for the day. I called Myra, then met her by her place. We walked to the post office. I went in while she went to 606. No mail. We met up again and walked off post to the corner market. I picked up different kinds of sprouts and a chang gug chung (fermented soy bean patty). We looked around for red ginseng items but did not find any (that we could identify). We came back to post. Suzanne pulled up while I was talking to Myra. I asked her about the bean patty. She read the package and said it had no artificial ingredients. Then I went home where I made seed crackers and put them in the oven. Then I put a bowl of onion soup in toaster oven with some of the bean patty. While making hummus, I realized we had no garlic! Chris must have used it all in the onion soup. So I put in the organic garlic powder that I forgot to put in the seed crackers. I watered the plants. I picked mint to dry. After the crackers came out, I put the mint in still-warm oven. I ate a piece of cracker with hummus, mmm! I went to check e-mail and found out my laptop had rebooted and lost all my notes - again! I looked it up online: the fix is to notify Windows of the PC's active hours. But I had already done that, 8 am to 12pm. Thinking it might be unclear, I changed it to 8am to 1am. I re-wrote all my notes as best I could remember, but there was far less of them. I wondered if there was a word processing program that would save automatically when Windows reboots. I checked e-mail. I cut some paper templates for the placemats. I ran down to the Housing center where Myra was talking to the two Korean ladies that come from off-post. We talked about the fermented bean patty. I started sewing strips to the place mat. Four other ladies came, each with her own project. I noticed the thread kept jumping out of the top thread guide. Then I ran out of bobbin thread. I wound the bobbin with the 50 weight thread that I was using on top. I knew I would have to adjust the bobbin tension, but even fully tightened, the thread just slipped through. I eventually used a bobbin with a 40 weight thread and had no problem with that. I noticed that the Korean lady who did not speak English was making rosettes for corsages. I remembered seeing her make maybe 10 of some stuffed pillow thing last time and I thought it was for her class room. So I tried to explain to her friend that that fabric we provided was for class projects, and that people who work on their own projects need to bring their own fabric. I felt bad saying it, but did not want to run out of the Christmas fabric that I brought - which is what she used both times. Her friend explained that she felt it necessary to make lots of stuff in class to show honor to the teacher. So I apologized for not understanding. We apologized to each other, over and over. Then the class pitched in to help clean up. One lady was making flannel stockings and donated all her leftover fabrics. With people piling it in the closet, it was unorganized. But the ladies swept up, we turned the lights off, and Myra locked up the building. Myra took the Korean ladies to the gate, and everyone else went home. I took my supplements with an adrenal reset tea. I sat down to read e-mail. Myra called to tell me that the Korean ladies explained again how they felt it necessary to work industriously during class. We went on to talk about renting a bus to Daegu, cleaning up the fabric situation and the FRG meeting tomorrow. After the call, I sat down to look at red ginseng on Swansons and Amazon. I read an article on spotting fake reviews. I made my choice based on ingredients and submitted the order. I wrote up my blog, with plans to listen to the CD again and go to bed.

No comments: