Friday, November 11, 2016

If the foo shits...

I had a difficult time getting to sleep last night. Chris' snoring did not help. Eventually, I donned a set of earplugs and soon fell asleep. In the morning, I rushed out of bed, hearing my phone ring. It was wrong number, but it did alert me to the fact that it was 10am. I went back to let Chris know and he wanted me to get back in bed... So the morning got off to a slow start. I drank a quart of water and read e-mail. I gave Chris some vitamin C packets and took one myself. I listened to an interview from the fat summit. I had to pause it so I could wash up. Kelly texted me needing some yellow garbage bags. I left some on the porch for her. I got dressed and added cash to my wallet. I walked down to the gate. I ran into Mari who seemed talkative. Then I hurried to the bus stop. Bus 317 was on the electric sign but there was an unusual arrow flashing next to it. I was anxious because I did not know what that meant. It arrived between 11:48 and 11:53, which was when I had to reset my watch on the bus. It missed my stop, so I and two other ladies got off at the next stop and walked back to the previous stop. Then I walked downhill to the acupuncturist office. I was early, but I needed to use the bathroom. Then I was shown to a tiny bed and they put the constriction sleeves on my legs. I just loved that part. Can I put them on my Christmas list? Lying there, I realized I had forgotten to borrow Myra's yoga blocks for my back. I texted Suzanne and asked her the word for 'brain fog'. She texted it back. Later the nurse came for the sleeves and the heating pad. Then I sat up and stretched my back until the doctor came. I showed him the word that Suzanne texted me. In addition to needles in my stomach, leg and arm, he put lots of needles in my head. We tried to converse. I believe he said I had a 'condition' not an allergy and could eat whatever made me happy. The points on my head were on the gallbladder meridian. He asked me if I knew the word 'com mung', but it did not sound like anything I had heard before. I resolved to go home and look it up. He left. I laid there, quite uncomfortable without the blocks under my upper thighs. After what seemed like a long time, the nurse came and took out all the needles. It hurt to sit up but I managed it. She dabbed my head with cotton and showed me the blood. I went to the front desk to pay. Then I left. As I walked toward the bus stop, I felt something land on my head. I looked around and saw nothing. But I guessed that a bird dropped it: the foo. What are the odds? I did not have to wait long for the bus. When I got back to base, I met Mari on her way out. I walked home. Chris was playing a game on his laptop. I ate an apple and drank some water. I read some e-mail and then put on an interview while I laid down. I expected to be tired like last week. I looked up acupuncture on the internet to see if I could find that word he used, but no luck. Later we went to the commissary for groceries. When we got back, our next door neighbors were standing on their sidewalk. Chris stopped to speak with the man. I put my bag of groceries away, then came out to speak to Denee. She was trying to hang a wreath on the door with magnets, but the door was too thick. She got a Command hook then, but it had to go up above the glass, so I got some twine to hang the wreath a little lower. Then she came over to pick fabric that went with her wreath. I cut her two strips so she could decorate it. I also took her a piece of goat meat so she could try it. And two vitamin C packets. She gave me a tension rod for my other curtain. I made and ate breakfast. Chris hooked the backup library to my new laptop to download what was copied from my old laptop. Due to the problems I was having with Windows 10, I really wanted my old laptop to work in some fashion. I looked high and low for the Windows 7 disk that supposedly came with my old laptop. Failing that, I had Chris show me how to use it in Linux. But it would not connect to the net. Booting from a disk instead of the hard drive may have had something to do with it. I wasn't sure if I was ready to wipe the hard drive or not. We watched several episodes of House. When the backup library finished loading onto the new laptop, I looked through it to find my EFT files and my quilting pics. Eventually I found them all. Then I copied a CD of Windows 95 games to a thumb drive and from there, moved them to my new laptop. Surprisingly, some of them were playable. And it was after midnight, so I posted to my blog and went to bed.
* This is what I saw at the bus stop after the one I wanted. *

No comments: