Monday, November 28, 2016

Preparing for cold weather

I listened to the CD again last night, after we changed the white, crusted batteries for new ones. I think I slept through a few hot flashes. I got up about 8:30. I swished and drank water. I exercised, rebounded and drybrushes. I made coffee. I meditated and tapped. I cut my finger while washing my hands. It was like a sharp edge on the soap, but I could not find it afterward. Myra called just as I was finishing. She wanted to walk out in town. I said I would call when I was ready. Chris came home for lunch with three boxes. They were all supplements. I quickly cleaned up the kitchen and dressed warmly. Chris said it was very cold. I called Myra and headed to her place. We walked out to the market. I looked at pomegranates, but did not buy any. We went to the fabric place and both got some of the fine white cotton, and some snaps. Then we went to Daiso and I got a whisk and pins. Then we stopped at the junk store where I found ice cube trays that would work for chocolate molds. Then we walked back to base, the temperature dropping. I left her at her place and kept walking up hill to my place. I got a large box and placed it over the eggplant plant to protect it from the cold. I pulled the large sheet of plastic over the tomato patch. Then I read e-mail for awhile. When I noticed it was 5:30, I put some chocolates in a baggie and my ripest tomatoes in a bag. I dropped them off at Myra's house. I had told Chelsea she could have them if she came today, but she never did. And I did not want them to go bad before I could eat them. I watched a video on the importance of sulfur in the diet until Chris came home. He made himself supper. I filled the food waste container and left it by the front door. I was still reading e-mail when Chris was ready to watch TV. I had meant to practice, so he waited while I played Christmas songs on my trombone. Then we watched two episodes of The Last Kingdom. I brushed my hair almost continually. Then we looked up one of the actors. Chris went to bed and I stayed up just long enough to post to my blog.


* We saw these little guys for sale in the Christmas section. Reminds me of Cousin It.

No comments: