Friday, November 25, 2016

The best leg is the one leftover

Chris got up before I did. I slept reasonably well, not having any hot flashes until morning. I got up about 8:30. I read e-mail and drank water. At 9 we called Chris' parents on Skype. Then at 9:30 we called my dad and Kurt. At 10 I had a face-to-face EFT session with a lady over Facebook. Sadly the Windows 10 sound made it hard to hear her. Groan. But it went well. Then I made and ate breakfast. I bundled up and walked to Kelly's house to deliver Housing-issued trash bags. (We have more than we need.) I made a donation. She gave me a bag of turkey wings and legs plus a plate of leftover side dishes and a piece of pecan pie. When I got home, I put the plates in the fridge and ate a turkey leg. It was so good. Within 2 minutes, Chris got out the plate of side dishes (mashed potatoes, potato salad, cranberry sauce, turnip greens, noodle something, and stuffing) and put it in the microwave. The piece of pie did not last long either. I texted her to let her know how good it was. I read more e-mail, then went outside to bring in the fabric from the garden. I unrolled some plastic and covered the biggest part of the tomato patch and put rocks on the edges. Chris helped me fold up the big fabric pieces. I called Myra to see if she wanted to go walking, but she and Scott were sick, and she wanted to clean her sewing room. I pinned Velcro to my last project. I listened to an interview while I did my exercises and stretches. I did today's Sudoku puzzle. I made up 10 days worth of supplements and placed a Swansons order for more. They are running a special of $10 off a $50 order, but their prices seem higher than the last time I ordered. I practiced playing Sleigh Ride on my trombone. But I had trouble with some really high notes and needed to re-write that part lower. I did that at the keyboard, then forgot about it and found myself making a cucumber salad for supper and taking my supplements. I watched several episodes of Scrubs. But Chris was not interested in it. So I searched Netflix for something he might like. I came across a movie/documentary on the life of George Takai. Chris did not watch it with me, but I think he was listening. He loves his game. I decided it was time to blog and go to bed.
* No pics today so here is one from the hike on Sunday *

No comments: