Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Cold windy weather

I got up about 8:30 after a long night: My thighs had hurt terribly. The heating system cycled from low to high and back what seemed like every 10 minutes. Finally I got to sleep, but got woken up by a hot flash. Then, only one leg hurt. I put a sock of rice in the microwave and took it to bed with me. I laid it on my leg and eventually went back to sleep.
When I awoke, the sun was shining. I immediately got dressed and went outside to water the plants. It was cold and windy, but I enjoyed the sun. None of the plants seemed worse for the colder temps last night, but some had blown over. I went inside to drink a quart of water and read e-mail. At 10 I called Myra who was getting ready to go to NEO at the gym. We decided to go together and work out afterward. I took all the Halloween toys and leftovers to her house. She put them with the ones from Saturday night in her closet for next year. Then we went to the gym. They asked for her ID and she had to go home to get it. I handed over mine. They asked if I had attended the training and I said yes. I offered to show my packet but they said they had seen it from Chris. I offered my passport, but they said they could get all the info they needed from my base ID. I went into the locker room to change for a workout. I got a locker because my passport was in my fanny pack and I wanted it locked up. I met Myra in the gym. She was finishing up checking in with NEO. We weighed ourselves in the locker room. I was 3 pounds lighter and she was one pound heavier than last week. Then we went to the weight rooms. We lifted weights, used machines, and did yoga stuff. I did planks, too. We were going to go to the treadmill, but decided to do the trail because of the sunshine. But it was cold out, so we went to Myra's place for her to get a heavier coat. She made some tea as we talked. She gave me some dried rosebuds that I might be able to use as coloring in my lip balm. We walked up to my house to drop off my folder and workout clothes. Then we walked up the mountain using the road to get more sun. We used the exercise station at the top of the hill, then walked back down. We went to the commissary. We ran into people that liked to talk. I picked up lemons, gelatin and Babybel cheeses (for the red wax). I scampered to the post office while Myra finished up. Then we checked out. She went to Security to get her car. She drove me home, leaving me with the bowl and basket, string and tape from Saturday night. I ate two of the cheeses, saving the wax. I made and ate breakfast while reading e-mail. I donated to Crop Walk to sponsor my sister. I checked the temp for over night and it was just above freezing. I reorganized the pictures on my new laptop because Chris had commented how unorganized the info on my old laptop was. I listened to a meditation. I ate a cucumber. I worked on an Amazon order for yoga blocks, cinnamon, and a new bulb for my HappyLight. (It is only half as happy with one bulb burnt out.) I don't know what the deal with cinnamon was. I tried to order the ground version but Amazon said it wasn't eligible for international shipping. Lucky for me, the powdered version was. But that made no sense.
Chris came home from work late. He ate supper quickly and then he showed me how to vote electronically. I voted. The referendums were practically unreadable, although I swear they were in English. Then we watched two episodes of House. Chris went to bed and I filled in holes in my blog so I could post and go to bed (after I collate the recyclables).
* Here I am at Jirisan mountain wearing my new scarf. *

No comments: