Sunday, November 13, 2016

Five day market haul

I woke up early and Chris was out of bed. I laid in bed for quite awhile, thinking he would come back to take his shower. But when I got up at 8:40, he was gone. I called him and he said he kissed me before he left. The taxi was scheduled for 8 am, so I don't know what happened. I read e-mail and drank water. I drybrushed and did part of my exercises while watching an interview. I paused it to take a shower and get dressed. Then I played some more until 10:15. I filled my Sunday purse with the essentials and headed to the car. On the way I noticed that one of my hanging baskets was missing. I looked over the rail to see if it had fallen, but no. I drove to the FFTC and parked, and walked to the chapel. I sat by myself, thinking Jane wasn't coming, but she was just late. I think Bible study got out late. The sermon was on two verses from second Timothy. It was short and we got out early. I asked Mrs. Kim if she was playing for the talent show and she said yes, so I asked if she would play for me. But she had to run. I talked to a few other people, and then went home. I tried to call Myra, but she did not answer. Finally I texted Denee and said I could go to the 5 day market after lunch. I ate lunch and then was ready to go. Just then Myra called. She wasn't ready, but said I should go ahead with Denee. Denee drove us to Home Plus but it was not open so we could not park there. She found a place on the street. We walked up and down the market street, finding all kinds of things: pointesettias, sweet potatoes, lettuce, cucumbers, peppers, sesame seeds, persimmons, pomegranates and bananas. Imagine going grocery shopping without a grocery cart. We were loaded down by the time we got to her car. The trip back was uneventful. I put all the groceries away. I took her a sweet potato plant in a coconut shell, and some ginger plus mint and rosemary from my garden. I ate a banana and a persimmon. I read e-mail and watched some video clips. I fell asleep. Later I made myself get up and water all the plants. I put another plant in place of the missing one. I watered the plants inside, too. I made and ate breakfast. I took my supplements. I read more e-mail and got caught up watching Youtube videos on hacks with recyclables, and such. I meditated. I played several games of Mahjongg. I wrote up my blog post. I listened to an interview on the future of Alzheimers. Something new they mentioned was investigating the nasal microbiome. While it played, I played Mahjongg. Chris sent me an e-mail saying he was at his hotel and going to bed. And then it was time for me to hit the hay.
* This pic is from the jewelry making class last week *

No comments: