Thursday, November 24, 2016

Thanksgiving

I woke up hearing the wind blow fiercely. I thought about my plants and wondered if the fabric blew away. But I did not get up until I realized the fabric might be depriving my plants of sun. So I quickly got dressed and went outside. The fabric hadn't blow away, but neither was it covering the plants. I collected the pieces and brought them inside. I checked the weather - it was 34 degrees outside. I hoped the plants were going to be ok. I filled my pitcher with water, citrus pectin and Bio-Sil. I drank that while I read e-mail. I also caught up on my Sudoku puzzles for the week. Then I rebounded. I played a meditation from Oprah's current series and did my exercises, then meditated for the rest of the time. I jotted notes for my blog. I distracted Chris from his game for a little while. Then I took a nap. I made a salad with hummus and fermented soybeans. I ate it while listening to an interview, which as it turns out, I have heard before. I compiled an Amazon order to replace some powders I have run out of. Then I took a shower and dressed nicely. I put chocolates in a bowl. We ran next door, trying to be on time. Denee had gone to the gate to sign someone in, but the lady had forgotten her ID. We had to wait while thee lady went back for her ID. We watched her son play with toys he had brought. Then a man and 2 boys showed up, plus a lady from the main office. We lined up for food from the buffet and then we sat down to dinner. We had a nice chat all evening. The boys ran around, yelling and waving Lego swords. Finally the group broke up. We came home to get tomatoes and I ran back next door to deliver them. I came home and put on a heavier coat. I went out to put fabric on the garden again. This time there was no wind. I jotted notes for my blog. Then I watched two episodes of Scrubs. Then Chris sat beside me and we had to choose something to watch now that we finished House. Netflix suggested Dexter, so we watched the first episode of that. We decided to watch something else next time. I wrote up my blog post, wondering why the text keeps scrolling up and down as I type. Annoying. It was way past my bedtime.
* This is a pic I took on Tuesday, looking for origami paper. *

No comments: