Monday, November 14, 2016

Where's the music?

It was a coffee morning. I swished and drank water. I made coffee. I got an e-mail from Chris that he moved the missing hanging basket to the office so it would not die. Good to know. After the exercises and meditation and tapping, etc., I cleaned the kitchen countertops and the roaster pan. I did a load of laundry. I started making up supplement doses. I ran out of time and submitted an order anyway. Then I finished the job. I looked into ordering eucalyptus oil (mine is missing) but Swanson would only ship them to locations in the 48 states. When I was ready to leave, I called Myra. She wanted to come, but wasn't quite ready. So I decided to go to the post office. I lost control of the car pulling out of the parking space. Then I readjusted the seat and had no problem. But I had no problem yesterday and who could have readjusted it since then? I drove to the post office. I picked up two boxes and a packet. I brouoght them home, parking the car and leaving the packages inside the house. As I walked towards Myra's house, Kelly stopped to show me the furniture closets she just got at a thrift shop. I met Myra and we walked out in town. We stopped at a bank to exchange dollars for won. The lady took a lot of time looking at my passport, but the result was worth it. I got a better exchange rate than on post. We walked through the market, and looked at the fabric booth. I bought some black chiffon to make a scarf like the one Denee had lent me. Then we went to the junk store. I bought a tension rod, some hangers and a pair of arch supports. We walked back to base, and got caught in the rain. John and his wife gave me a ride home. I opened the packages: one was for Chris (oops) and the other one contained yoga blocks. I laid down with them under my thighs and they were uncomfortably high. Then I opened the packet: my blue-blocking glasses. Because it had the far prescription, I could not use them with the computer. I listened to an interview as I did some yoga stretches and then looked up the exchange rates on and off post to see how much more I got for going off post. As I was reading and deleting e-mail, Pinterest told me I could toast sweet potato slices in the toaster. I kinda wished I had one just to try that. I thought I should practice for the talent show. Since it was so late in the game, I figured on playing When The Saints Go Marching In. I wondered if I could play a verse on flute so the kids could hear two instruments. The key of music I had was not in a good range for flute so I looked up another key and came up with F, which worked. But then I got out my trombone and realized the page of music I had was part of a rough copy and did not have verse 4. I looked high and low but the final copy was nowhere to be found. I looked through other books of music but nothing jumped out at me. I put on some tea to heat. I jotted notes for my blog. I watched several episodes of Scrubs. Chris skyped me and we talked for awhile. Then he went to bed. I finished my episode of Scrubs and deleted another e-mail or two. I prepared for sleep. I wanted to listen to one of my brain wave entrainment discs which I had seen just the other day. But I could not find them. I looked through every stack of CD's several times. I was about to pick something else when I noticed something wedged between two DVD cases. There they were. I selected one and popped it in the desktop player. I plugged in the heavy headphones. I put on my eyecover. I laid on the couch and started relaxing. THEN I remembered my blog. So I paused everything to post to my blog before going to sleep.
* These are the two little poinsettias I got at the market. *

No comments: