Thursday, November 17, 2016

Two more quilts have labels

I listened to the CD in bed with a mini CD player. It was not as good but I did not have to get up again. I woke up early from night sweats. I must have fallen back asleep because I remember finding an amazing sauna, but when I got my stuff and showed up, it was closed. I got up to take my vitamin C because yesterday I felt like I might be coming down with something. I drank water and cleaned in the kitchen (such a mess from yesterday). I checked e-mail, then called Myra to go walking. There was no answer. I watched a yoga video but did my own exercises because he was clearly far ahead of me. Then I started listening to an interview on the after life with an ER doctor. Chris called, sounding terrible, wanting me to text the taxi driver to pick him up tomorrow. So I did, and got a text back and e-mailed Chris. I resumed the interview. I paused it to go walking. I called Myra from the trail. She was trying to make buttonholes so could not go walking. I walked to the post office and picked up the mail (no packages), then stopped at the commissary for garlic. I walked home, pausing at the tomato patch. I found a bunch of tomatoes at the very back by the wall. I came in and ate the large one that was cracked. I put some in a bag for Myra. I checked e-mail to see if Maria sent me a message back after I suggested we walk out to the massage place when she got off work. I jotted notes for my blog on e-mail because it saves periodically automatically. I put tomatoes in a sack and headed toward Myra's. She was coming up the hill to get her machine from Housing. So I went with her, and then to her house. I watched as she made attempt after attempt to use the buttonhole attachment on her home machine, and then again on her electronic machine from Housing. She was looking it up on the internet when I left. I came home and washed up, changing my clothes. I had a bite to eat and made breakfast for later. I checked e-mail to see if Maria had sent a reply. I listened to an audio on memory. Apparently aerobic exercise builds new brain cells. esp coupled with affirmations. Also, so does the olfactory sense so experience new scents. I headed out to my massage. The young man had said this was my free massage after filling up the card. But today he said it was worth 50,000 won and the massage he told me was free cost 60,000 won. So I had to pay 10,000. It was supposed to be a dry massage so I did not bring oil. The masseuse asked me for my bottle of oil which I had not brought. She used whatever it is they have. I would have brought oil if I had known. When it was over, there was no one to book the next appt with, but it would have fallen on Thanksgiving anyway. I went to the other shop but they were busy with two people. I walked to base and on the walk I tried to access my e-mail on my phone but it seemed to want an app for that. I tapped on "install" but nothing happened. When I got to the base, I walked to the FFTC to sign us up for the hike on Sunday. Then I walked to the MWR bldg where I could watch the front gate. No one that looked like Maria came. I walked out to the outer gate at precisely 4 and asked the guard if someone was waiting. No. I went back, waited, then walked home to see if she had e-mailed me. I walked back to the MWR bench and waited a little more but it was getting late. I needed to be at the FRG meeting at 5:30. I walked home to eat breakfast and checked e-mails again. I sent her a message that we could try again tomorrow. I finished the after life interview. I saw that the FRG meeting got canceled yesterday but the announcement was only on the FRG page, not the community page where it was advertised. I got a call from Myra giving me Bernie's phone number. So I called Bernie. She talked about hanging quilts at the talent show with binder clips. I realized that neither of the other two quilts I wanted to hang had labels. I wrote on paper what should go on the quilt labels. Then I procrastinated by catching up on Sudoku for the week. I listened to rest of an audio, then put onion soup with fermented soybeans and juicer pulp in the toaster oven. I tried to clear e-mail which has been routinely over 100. I ate the soup. I turned the oven on for a minute to dry the mint a little more. I did not feel like making labels, but the thought of my quilts leaving home unlabeled scared me. I spent too long choosing fabric for labels. I tried sewing the letters with the embroidery machine, but they were too large. I did not want to hoop, so I found my Pigma pen and painstakingly scratched the letters onto the fabric. Then I sat down and watched two episodes of Scrubs while I sewed them to the quilts. I wrote up my blog and was ready for bed.
* This is my homemade reed diffuser. Good for building brain cells through the olfactory sense. *

No comments: