Monday, November 21, 2016

Missed out on the pumpkins

I did not hear my alarm go off. But when Chris came back to take his shower, he told me it was after 8:30. So I got up to drink water. I realized I had a sore throat, so I took 3 packets of vitamin C. I threw out all the used tissues and q-tips and such. I checked e-mail, looking for an audio to listen to. The desktop was really slow, but it is the only computer that will play loud enough to hear in the kitchen. While I listened, I exercised, rebounded (but taking it easy on my ankles) and drybrushed. I learned that affirmations work better in the presence of scents - like essential oils. I made coffee. I listened to two Oprah meditations and did some tapping. I texted with my new tapping buddy. I texted with an old friend. I cleaned both bathrooms and the kitchen. I played Christmas songs on my trombone in case they have volunteers play Christmas music instead of caroling. I worked on the vacuum cleaner but the part just won't bend back into position. I swept the floors, the foyer and the front porch. I watered plants inside and out. I tried to find out how to boost the base on Windows 10. Still no joy as they say. I planned to fast today, but got really hungry. So I made and ate breakfast. Kelly called to ask for a food chopper to work on her Thanksgiving meal for anyone and everyone who wants to come by. I offered her my Oster Kitchen Center. I searched high and low for the extra blades. Then I packed all the accessories I could find, in a box. I put the box and the motor part in the car. Just then Chris was coming home, so he drove us over to Kelly's place. We carried the parts inside and dropped it off. After a short chat, we went to the commissary for 99 cent pumpkins. But the pumpkins were gone, and so were the lemons. We shopped for other things. The manager told us she donated the leftover pumpkins to the chapel because she was allergic to them and running out of meds. We came home with our groceries. I made a salad with lettuce, tomatoes from my garden, a bell pepper, garlic, fermented soybeans, and sprouts. As I ate it, I read e-mail. I looked at sewing projects on Facebook. I checked e-mail on the new laptop. I watched two episodes of Scrubs, and then Chris and I watched two episodes of House. He went back to playing his game. I wanted to see how soon after I got to Korea that the hot flashes started. So I went back and read my blog. I thought it was November last year, but I did not see a reference until late January. I posted to my blog and got ready for bed.
* Myra and I are sitting on a very high rock overlooking the city. *

No comments: