Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Female bonding

Last night, I tossed and turned for quite a while before I fell asleep. I woke up once to go to the bathroom. Then I slept pretty well until 8am or so. I got up and Chris was gone. I read e-mail and drank lemon water. The first lemon tasted bad but it might have been because I brushed my teeth with homemade tooth paste. I took the frozen lemonade out of the freezer so it would thaw before sewing class.
I made breakfast. I took my niacin supplement before I ate so the reaction would be finished before I went to sewing class. It hit me almost immediately and very strongly. I waited it out by looking for a strip quilt block tutorial on the internet. So many searches until I finally found the one I was looking for.
Then I took my shower. I poured the melted lemonade in a pitcher. Chantal texted me on Facebook asking me to call her phone. When she typed in her number, I called it. Then she found her phone and that was all she wanted.
My pattern for class was already in my bag, so I carried the lemonade and some cups to Housing. Lacee was already there setting up. I helped her. Other ladies came to help, too. Amber came with her newborn and her mother-in-law. She also brought her own machine. Most of the ladies made the bottle apron. Chantal worked on clothes for her daughter. Suzanne worked on the bowl from last week. So did So Young, after she finished the bottle apron. Evalyn worked on a flag quilt. Myra showed a group of ladies how she made a stack-n-whack from squares. They wanted to do it too, so they planned a trip to the Daegu market for July 19th.
I encouraged everyone to drink lemonade but there was a lot leftover. When we had cleaned up, I carried my pitcher home. There was more lemonade melting in a bag. I added as much as would fit to the pitcher and put it in the fridge. I took all the remaining ice out of the small freezer and put it in the fridge freezer. Then I unplugged the freezer.
I ate some steak and put the rest in a small container. I put the pan in the sink to soak. I had read about mixing baking soda and hydrogen peroxide as a cleaner. I used it to scrub the sink and to scrub a stained baking sheet. It was ok, but not as great as she said.
I read e-mail. I ate the rest of the watermelon, and the last cucumber. I started listening to an audio from the headache and migraine summit.
Chris came home from work. He showed me the plaque the his employees gave him when they took him to lunch this afternoon. He told me he had scheduled our pack out for July 20th, even though he still did not know where we are going. He was not forecasting a bright future for his career. I listened to him rant.
At 5:45 I ran to commissary to return the extra lemonade mix. But I left so quickly I did not have my ID so I was told to come back tomorrow.
When I got home, I decided to mow the lawn, having heard that it will rain tomorrow. When I came in from mowing, Chris had made chicken and onions for supper. I put some in a bowl and ate that while finishing the interview from the summit.
I found something new on Netflix that sounded possibly promising. I stopped it when Chris came over so we could watch The 100. After three episodes, he went back to his laptop and I blogged about my day.
* Myra and Lacee show the group how stack-n-whack works. *

No comments: