Saturday, July 29, 2017

Testing out the machines

When I finished my blog about 6am this morning, I went back to bed and Chris got up. He showered and dressed and shaved. Then he took the laundry and went downstairs for breakfast. I listened to Holosync. It seemed to go on forever so I took the headphones off. Soon Chris was back, with a basket of clean laundry and a full stomach. He brought me some packets of honey from the breakfast room.
I checked e-mail for awhile. Then I got dressed and we took a long walk over to the residential housing section. I heard they were having yard sales, but I didn't see any.
On the way back, we stopped at the library. We found some DVD's to rent and Chris got several books. Then we walked back to the hotel. He read e-mail and I started making breakfast. Michele called us on Skype. We talked to her for awhile. She wanted to know when we were coming to visit her. But we did not know. So much depends on the the job Chris gets.
I finished making breakfast and ate it. Then I started a Swanson's order. I went through all my previous orders to spark my memory of what I have run out of. Chris got a phone call from the dealership, wanted to see if we were fully satisfied. Chris was telling her yes everything was fine, so I asked for the phone. I asked about disabling bluetooth and she relayed the question to someone, then came back and said it shouldn't be sending out any signals unless I am telling it to look for a phone to sync to. Then I asked about the start-stop feature. She said she doesn't like it either and what she does is brake twice. It might engage the first time, but it won't the second time. Finally I asked about the cruise control. She gave me a name and number of a place that could install it.
After finishing the phone call, I got out the boxed sewing machine and worked on a hashtag block. We talked about getting a phone plan so I could use my smart phone as a phone again. Then Chris put on his shoes and left for Catholic mass. It was a surprise to me.
I put on an interview from the Immune Defense Summit and finished the block. The machine was very like the one I sold to So Young. There was hesitation in the foot pedal. But otherwise it was ok.
Then I traded out sewing machines to use the one I bought at the thrift shop. There was no hesitation. But it was not well suited to having cone thread on a stand. I used it to make another block and started a third. Chris came home from mass. He read a book while I finished the third block.
By then I really needed some fresh air. And I was sick and tired of the brown/black décor of the room. So I took my tablet and went out the back of the hotel. I was going to sit in the pool area, but there was a barbecue area that was more accessible. So I sat there, in the fresh air, playing 2048. It was very nice and the sun began to set.
About 8:15 I went in. Chris was still reading. We brushed our teeth and sat on the bed to watch TV. I was a little worried that we would fall asleep again. The DVD was called The 10th Kingdom. It was a mixture of real life and fantasy. And it went on, and on. I started to get worried. And it went on. Finally, Chris noticed it was 11pm. So he paused it and turned the TV off. He went to sleep while I stayed up to post to my blog.
* The Montgomery Ward machine, probably made by Singer. *

No comments: