Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Lowe Mill

I woke up at 6 and that woke Chris up. I tried to go back to sleep while he showered and read e-mail. He went down to breakfast so I listened to one of Oprah's meditations. But he came back before it was over. Then I started reading e-mail. I was going to do a coffee morning but did not have distilled water.
I looked up how to create a Facebook group for the Monday ladies) and it was simple. So I clicked on 'create group' and it must have done it as soon as I typed in the name, because I added Bertha and she wrote back saying that was quick. I made it a closed group but not secret. I could only add ladies who were Facebook friends so I did about 8.
Someone told Chris to take some time off to find housing. So I made breakfast with regular milk that Chris had brought back from the lounge. I ate breakfast, washed up and got dressed.
We went to the housing rental office. The lady showed us two places that are available for occupancy now. The first was a duplex with a fenced back yard and an open floor plan. It had a one-car garage, which we would use for storage. The kitchen had those corner cabinets that are not very accessible until you have a lazy susan. And the master bedroom will only hold the bed, not the dresser.
Then she took us to a townhouse duplex, no private back yard. The master bedroom was larger and the kitchen did not have corner cabinets. The garage was larger, too. But the bathrooms upstairs did not have medicine cabinets. The common areas were smaller. It did not have outdoor storage and Chris did not like the floor plan. So we thanked the agent and left. We went to a grocery store to buy coconut milk and distilled water. Then we went to BBNT to apply for a new ATM card.
We went back to the hotel to drop off the groceries. Then we waited by Gate 8 for Elaine. She was there momentarily. I got in her car and Chris went back to prepare for his interview.
Elaine took me to Lowe Mill; an old cotton mill that was refurbished into art and craft booths. There were food vendors outside. We went to one and ordered salads. Then Paige met us there. She ordered inside. Elaine and I went to the Piper and Leaf tea place. She got tea but I was unwilling to pay $4 for a plastic cup of tea. I went back to the salad place. He had teas and I got burdock root. When the salads were done, we paid for them. He threw in my tea for free and explained the health benefits of it. Then we sat inside with Paige and had our lunch.
Afterward, we walked around the first floor, looking at the various kinds of art. We stopped at a place that spins yarn from sheep's wool. They also have classes. We stopped at a glass place and watched them bend glass into bracelets.
We went outside to see the chocolatier. Elaine got a chocolate drink. The other places in the immediate area were closed. So we went to the second floor and looked at all those places. There was a shop of vintage clothing. It made me wonder if my stuff was still in storage, or if they'd found it. Paige had to leave, and Elaine and I went to the third floor. Mostly painting and pottery. The North Alabama Fiber Arts guild was there.
When we were done, we went back to her car. She offered to take me anywhere I needed to go, but I couldn't think of anything. So she drove me back to the hotel.
When I got there, Chris was still at his interview and the room had been cleaned. I wiped off the cans of coconut milk and poured two of them in a large jar, adding two capsules of probiotics. Soon he was back and told me all about it. He also said there is a job here for him, but it would be a demotion so he will keep looking.
I spent a lot of time looking through past blog posts for a cover photo for the Facebook group. Apparently it had to have at least a certain number of pixels. I also sent a group e-mail to let the rest of the ladies know it was there to join.
At 5, we went downstairs for an event the hotel was having where they provided food. But it was hamburgers and hotdogs and chips. Chris got two hamburgers and we came back to the room. I read some e-mail and did a meditation. The meditation made me very sleepy and I laid on the bed and was out for hours.
When I woke up, the daylight was gone. I read e-mail and listened to parts of two interviews, but my mind was not on them. I took the floor plan of the place Chris liked and tried to estimate how many crates of boxes would fit in the garage and closets and outdoor storage. Would we have to use the third bedroom as storage, or could it be a guest room? I also tried different ways of placing the bed so maybe the dresser will fit.
As it was almost 11, I sat down to type up my blog and get ready for bed.

No comments: